Marlene

Original chapter title: Whaaaaat?!

A/N: Only 6 more chapters! Truthfully, though, the last three or four are kinda rushed. I might come back later and add on, doing their senior year. But it's almost done and then I'll be posting But Then I Met Her. In this chapter you guys finally learn what happened between Marlene and Uriah.

"Why're you so happy?" I ask Tris, who is pretty much skipping next to me and grinning from ear to ear like a complete idiot.

She shrugs. "Oh, ya know. Sun shining, birds chirping." I look at her as if to say 'There is no sun shining or birds chirping- its night.'

"So, about you and Four..."

"We're dating." She grins. "Like actually, officially dating." That explains the Suzy Sunshine attitude.

"Ohmigosh Tris!" I squeal. We grab hands and jump up and down.

Then she stops, cocking her head to the side. "You and Uriah?" She asks. I shake my head sadly. The other day, before Animal Kingdom, we'd gotten into a fight. "What happened?"

"Fight." I explain.

"Bad?" I nod.

"About what?"

I swallow hard. "Some girl from school was texting him. Saying that she loves him and can't wait until he comes home. Shit like that." Tears sting my eyes, recalling the memory of when I found out, how hurt I'd been.

"How did you see the texts?" She asks, trying not to overstep her boundaries. But she's the only person that I've talked to about it, and I'm willing to tell her everything.

"I had his phone, since we were playing games on each other's, and she texted him. And with his phone it takes you straight to the conversation and-" My voice cracks, and I stop myself. She gives me a comforting hug.

"I'm so sorry, Marlene." She looks like someone punched her in the stomach. Not mad, but...upset. Betrayed, even.

"It's not your fault. I-I thought that we had something, but... I guess I was wrong." I shake it off, wiping my eyes. "Let's go get ice cream!" I start dragging her towards the Ghiradelli ice cream place. They make really good chocolate chip cookies and hot fudge.

"Nothin' fixes a broken heart like chocolate and ice cream, huh?" Tris asks, grinning.

"Exactly my point."