Zeke

Original chapter title: It'll (Probably) Be Alright

"How do you know everything will be alright?"

"I just know."

"But how?"

"I know everything. Duh." Shauna turns and smacks my arm, hard. I slide her closer and smile at her.

"You're such an ass." She mutters.

"I know. I get that a lot." I grin.

"If my legs worked I'd kick your shins."

"You'd kick me in a place higher than my shins." I half-joke.

She turns and looks at me, her eyebrows knitting together. "So are you just waiting for me to fall asleep or something?"

"Mmm, probably." I tell her. "I don't know yet. Haven't really made up my mind."

"I should just kick you out of my bed. That would be the logical thing to do...but I won't do it." She presses her cheek against my collar bone.

"Why not?" I tease her. "Won't your parent's throw a fit over you being in bed with a guy- especially me?" Her parents don't approve of me. I can see why. I'm not exactly the most behaved guy in school...But it's not like they're around enough to really fight against it.

"We aren't doing anything, are we?" I smile and tighten my grip around her waist. "So how's you're little brother? Still madly in love with our lovely friend?"

"You mean with Marlene, right?" she nods. "Yes. God, that boy needs to get a day job besides inviting her over all of the time and asking me for damn advice. He needs to get a fucking job and help out a little."

"She likes him too, don't worry about it."

"I wasn't." I snort. "God, Shauna, what kind of guy do you think I am?"

She laughs and punches me in the chest. "Be nice!"

She slowly closes her eyes, smiling still.

"Tired?"

"Mmhmm."

"Go to sleep."

"What the hell do you think I'm doing?"

"What do you want me to think?" I grin evilly.

"Don't even go there, mister."

"I just did."

"That's it. I'm done with you. Good night." She rolls over onto her side.

I chuckle and shake my head. "Good night, Shauna."