Chapter 2-take me to church

Phil sat on the front row at the church, listening to his fathers words carefully.
"Gay is a sin. Let those who become gay go with satin to the depths of hell. A'men"
Those words would end every single prayer the church did.

The church has finished. Christians began to flood out. When his father called on phil.
"Phillip? Come here a moment."
Phil cautiously walked over "yes?"
"There shall be a new student, wishing to be one with god, jointing us soon. He should be here next week" his dad spat.
Phil nodded, before exiting the church and retreating home.

He opened the door to his little bungalow, "mum?" Phil yelled
"Sweety? How was church?" His mum, as per usual, welcomed him with a hug.
"Same as usual...boring" he smiled
"Don't let your father hear you say that" his mother laughed.
Phil's mum was a Christian, however, she was no way as extreme as Phil's father, and felt like Phil should be allowed to choose his religion, instead of being forced to become a Christian.

"I'm going to the shop!" Phil spoke before opening the door and  heading towards a small corner shop.
The door rang as phil opened it.
"Good morning phil!" The Irishman behind the counter spoke
"Morning jack"
"What can I get ye?"
Phil placed a packet of gum on the counter and gave jack the money.

He began to walk home. He must hide the packet of gum though, his father hates it. He would lock poor Phillip in the closet if he ever saw him with gum.

He walked along the concrete pavement. Until he heard voices.
He looked up, to see a group of 4 teenagers walking in his direction. 3 boys and a girl. All of them looked threatening. Phil tried to stay out of their way.
He looked at his toes as he passed them, but couldn't help but feel as if the tallest boy among the group was watching him.
He glanced up just as they parted, to see the boy still watching him slightly. This boy was tall, and had dark brown, emo-ish hair.
Phil kept walking towards his home. Hoping that the tall boy wasn't a threat to poor phillip.