Chapter 14-guardian angel

Phil watched as Dan lay silently on the sofa.
"How are you feeling?" Phil asked
"Meh. Feel a tad crappy, but I think I'm good" he laughed "how are you?"
"I'm fine" he tried to smiled but winced when his cheek felt like it was burning.
Dan turned over and looked at Phil, he observed his rather swollen cheek. He reached up and stroked it.
"Does it still hurt?"
"A little..." He winced as Dan stroked it
"Do you want an ice pack?"
"No-not at all" he smiled.

They sat in silence. Before Phil finally spoke "I'm sorry-about today-this is all my fault"
"No! Don't you are say that! I'm sorry that you got involved with Drew..."
"How....how do you know him?" Phil asked curiously
"Ugh, your going to find out sooner or later I guess. When I was younger, before I knew Chris, Emma or even PJ, I was in a gang. We used to go around beating people up for money, or shop lifting. I told Drew-he was the gang leader-that I didn't want to hurt people anymore. But...he didn't like that....he used to beat me up every time I didn't do as I was asked. Once he even....burnt my back. So I ran away. And I hoped I'd never see him again and--" Dan began crying.
Phil was speechless. Just to imagine someone hurting Dan. He felt like an arrow had pierced through his heart.
"Common....lets get outta here" Phil said.
Phil escorted Dan into dans car, before turning on the engine and driving. It's was sunnier now, and Phil couldn't stay in that house any longer.

He drove to a field. It was a field Phil and his mum used to go to, when they wanted to hid from Phil's father. No one else knew about this field that is covered in flowers and grass.
Phil took Dan out of the car and helped in to the field.
The field gave a view over the city, because of how high up it was.
"It's beautiful." Dan remarks
"Yeah, I know."
Dan lay down in the grass, Phil next to him.
"We should come here more often"
"I used to come here all the time..."
"I wish I could've come with you..."
Phil smiled, turning over to see Dan smile back.
Dans eyes kept flickering between Phil's eyes and his mouth.
He pulled his chin, and kissed him.

This time Phil wasn't scared by the kiss.

This time Phil didn't feel dirty.