Chapter 9

As the next day came by, I was woken up by Angelina Johnson, since I had to move into the 5th year dormitory, saying that Fred wanted to see me. I thanked her and got up to get dressed in a black Pierce the Veil shirt, purple skinny jeans and black knee length converse that had purple laces. After that I went down to the common room to see Fred sitting in front of the fire. “Hey Fred, why did you want me down here?” I asked him plopping down on the floor beside him. “Well, I was wondering if you wanted to change your act up today?” he asked nervously. I raised an eyebrow, “Why exactly is that Fred?” I replied. “Well, last night I took a muggle born kid’s computer to listen to some songs of the bands you said you like and I came across a song that we could sing together. I already talked to Dumbledore about me and you switching to a duet, but I wanted your O.K. first. So what do you say?” he said. “Ok, but you’ll have to show me the song first.” “Great! Let’s go to the Black Lake!” he yelled while grabbing my guitar that I left down here and dragged me outside.

                When we got outside Fred sat down and I sat next to him. “Ok. Here it goes.”  And right when he started the song I knew what it was and knew exactly where to sing.

Fred   me  both

“She sits up high, Surrounded by the sun. One million branches and she loves every one. Mom and Dad, Did you search for me, I've been up here so long, I'm going crazy.
And as the sun went down, We ended up on the ground. I heard the train shake the windows You screamed over the sound. And as we own this night, I put your body to the test with mine. This love was out of control, 3-2-1 where did it go?
Now don't be crazy, yes now, Of course you can stay here been in a touring band for going on ten years "Big deal," She said, " I guess you're official" I only said it 'cause I know what it's like to feel
Burned out It gets you down, We've all been there sometimes But tonight I'll make you feel beautiful once again.
And as the sun went down, We ended up on the ground. I heard the train shake the windows You screamed over the sound. And as we own this night, I put your body to the test with mine. This love was out of control, 3-2-1 where did it go?
If I were you, I'd put that away See, you're just wasted And thinking about the past again Darling, you'll be okay.
She said, "If you were me, you'd do the same 'cause I can't take anymore I'll draw the shades and close the door Everything's not alright and I would rather...."
And as the sun went down, We ended up on the ground. I heard the train shake the windows You screamed over the sound (over the sound). And as we own this night, I put your body to the test with mine. This love was out of control, Tell me, where did it go?”

As we ended the song we looked at each other and smiled because we knew we sang it perfectly. All of a sudden we started laughing and couldn’t stop until George showed up and tried to calm us down and eventually had to resort to slapping us on our heads. “What’s wrong with you guys?” George asked as we looked up at him rubbing the spot on our heads where he hit us. “Oh you’ll find out tonight.” I said mysteriously getting up and walking back to the castle to get ready for the talent show. I walked into the door and felt someone run into me. “Oh gosh, I’m so sorry!” The person said. “It’s alright! By the way, my name is Elizabeth Black, but I prefer Lizzie.” I said. “I’m Ariel, it’s my first day here and I just got sorted into Griffindor but I don’t know where the common room is. Can you help me?” she asked. “Sure! Just follow me! But I warn you, I will be going crazy, I am in the talent show tonight and I need to find the perfect outfit. That is, unless you’re not a 5th year.” I said. “Can I help?” she asked. “Sure! Let’s get going.” I said and started walking towards the tower talking to Ariel the whole way.

            We walked into the common room, ran up the girl’s staircase, and into the 5th year dormitory. “Wow, this place is awesome!” Ariel exclaimed as she looked around. “Yeah, it’s a lot nicer than the 3rd year dormitory, while that one is nice, this one just seems like it has newer things.” I said looking through my wardrobe looking through my skinny jeans, band t-shirts and converse. After a while of searching I found the perfect outfit and ran into the bathroom to change. I walked out in a batman t-shirt that said “Holy smokes batman!”  a pair of blue skinny jeans, and my pair of batman converse. “Well, what do you think?” I asked Ariel as I did a twirl for her. “Wonderful. Now, let’s get down to the great hall for the show.” She said.

            When we walked into the Great Hall I saw Fred talking to George with my guitar in hand. I told Ariel to follow me and I walked up to the boys. “Hey guys, this is Ariel. Ariel, this is Fred and George.” I said pointing to the proper twin when I said their names. Fred waved and said “hi” and George was just staring at Ariel. No words. Just. Staring. I bet Ariel felt very awkward and just waved to them. All of a sudden Dumbledore walked up and started announcing people to the stage. Before I knew it Fred and I were called up to stage and I was so nervous I almost didnt go up but Fred told me that he’d be up there and it’ll be over quick. I nodded and walked up on the stage Dumbledore conjured. I walked over to the microphone with the chair by it and sat down strumming a couple of notes to make sure it’s in tune and nodded over to Fred. Fred nodded back and said into his microphone, “Hey people of Hogwarts! I’m Fred and this is Elizabeth and we are going to sing a song called “Hold on Till May” by a Muggle band called Pierce the Veil. I strummed the first note and before I knew it, I also strummed the last. The whole hall erupted into claps and cheers and I even heard George wolf whistle. Fred ran and picked me up and dashed off stage running in circles yelling “we did it! We did it!” over and over until Professor McGonagall came up and told Fred to put me down or he’ll have detention for a month. Fred put me down and I stumbled a bit, but regained my balance and walked out of the Great Hall and up to the tower after saying my goodnight’s to everyone. I climbed into bed wondering if a made a new friend today and how everyone thought Fred and I’s performance was.

(A/N: Hey guys! The song is on the side of how Elizabeth and Fred sang it. I hope you liked this chapter!)