Chapter 17

Lara

I woke up to the sound of Micheal snoring next to me. For a moment I was about to push him out the bed but he looked so cute sleep.

I moved silently out my bed and put the cover over him and grabbes my phone. What time is it? What the fuvk? Its 1:24 in the after noon. I usually dont sleep this late. I had a missed call and a text from Harry at 12:34. Shit. I quickly called back.

"Hello?" His british accent said through the phone.

"Hey" I said nervously.

"Lara?" He asked. Maybe he called the wrong number...

"Yes"

"Good. I thought I called the wrong number" he said relieved

"Nah. It's the right number. I just woke up" I said smiling

"This late?"

"Thats what I thought. Ha sorry"

"Its okay. I was just calling to tell you that I'll be picking you up at six okay?"

"Perfect"

"Wear serving comfortable and bring a bathing suit. " he said I could hear the smirk in his voice

"Why?"

"You'll see"

"Okay." I laughed

"See you at 6."

"Its a date" I said before I hung up.

"Whats a date?" Micheal asked yawning

"Oh nothingggg Harry asked me on a date " I said picking out my strapless deep blue bathing suit and my black loose half shirt and my black Jean shorts.

"Harry? Lara I'm not telling you not to go. But I'm gonna tell you to be careful. Harry can be quite a playboy" he said walking over to me.

"Well. Thanks for letting me decide and I will be careful. I just think I need someone or something to set my mind off of Luke. " I said looking up at him.

"I understand. Just be careful" he said walking out my bedroom door. "By the way your out of milk." He said appearing in my doorway then dissapearing again. I rolled my eyes

I grabbed my speakers and walked into the bathroom. I closed the door and started to take off my clothes. I turned in a random song and hooked my phone to the speakers. The first song that played was Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.

"I know I can't take one more step towards you. Cause all that's waiting is regret. Don't you know I'm not your ghost anymore. You lost the love I loved the most..."

I sung along with the words as I washed my body and hair. I felt tears threaten to fall. I'm not sure why. I hate myself. I make myself sad. I let people get to me. I used to stay to myself. And not care. Then I move here. And my heart is just a target.

I changed the song in frustration, not wanting to think about Luke or Noah. Some random song by Taylor Swift came on. I decided that I'm just gonna block all the negative thoughts out. I'm gonna have fun today. Know matter what.

I got out the shower Stared at myself in the mirror. Still circles around my eyes. I had a a little more color but not much. I was skinny but not to skinny . I Need to dye my hair. I know i keep telling myself this. But I'm lazy.

As I put on the bathing suit I hear Micheal in my room watching tv. I swear he should really just move in. He's over here most of his time anyway. I smiled as I picture waking up to see him in my couch eating something he found in the kitchen. He's a great best friend.