Chapter 6

(A/N) THERE IS SOME VIOLENCE IN THIS CHAPTER I'M SORRY THERE REALLY ISN'T ANYWAY AROUND IT BECAUSE IT'S KINDA A BIG PART OF THE STORY LINEISH!

*Brittany's P.O.V*

As I lay in bed later that night all I can think about it Adam.

How did we end up talking in the first place?

I smile, and roll over on my bed so I'm facing the wall.

I stare at it hoping sleep will come soon.

Pushing my blanket off of my body, I scoot closer to the wall.

Adam is going to be the death of me, and I don't even really know him yet.

I roll over again, and just lay there.

I think about all of the things that could have happened last night if Adam hadn't been there.

With those thoughts, I slowly felt darkness take over.

••••••••••••

The next morning I wake up to pounding on my door.

"What?" I grumble out, tiredly.

I rub my eyes and stretch.

My mom opens my door roughly and glares daggers at me.

Suddenly I am wide awake.

"Why aren't you up? Your father and I have been up since 9am. Its 10am. You know better then to wake up after us." She yells.

I cower back against the wall.

"I'm sorry, it won't happen again. I just had a rough ti-"

She interrupts me.

"Did I ask why? No. And it better not happen again. I don't care what happened. I don't care if you had to go to the fucking hospital. You know better than that. I won't hesitate to kick you out of my fucking house." She turns her back on me and walks out of the room.

I wish she would.

I sigh, get out of bed, and change into dark blue skinny jeans, a purple tank top, and pull a black hoodie over my head.

I slip on black vans and walk out of my room, not wanting to be in more trouble.

I quietly walk down the stairs, and in to the kitchen to make breakfast.

I grab all of the materials I need to make scrambled eggs, and start cooking.

Once the eggs are ready, I yell up to my 'family'.

If you can even call them that.

I mean, they don't care about us. They just like beating us and seeing us in pain.

What a great family, right?

"Breakfast is ready!" I scream.

I hear my little sister, Karly, run down the stairs and frown when I see her enter the kitchen.

I walk over to her and tilt her chin up so I can see her face better.

She has a bruise forming on her right eye, and has mascara marks running down her face, making it obvious she was crying.

"What happened?" I question as I pull her in for a hug.

She hugs me back tightly and I feel her body shake.

"I got home before mom and dad got up today, and I was downstairs watching tv. I thought you were already awake, so I didn't wake you, but mom got mad because you weren't up, so she asked me to make breakfast, and I didn't know how, so sh-she hit me a couple times. No big deal." She says trying to act brave.