Chapter 19

*Brittanys P.O.V*

When I wake up I hear repetitive beeping, and my whole body feels like someone stabbed me a thousand different times.

Where am I?

Slowy, I open my eyes, and look around, my head starting to pound worse.

I'm in a white room, and there is a monitor next to me, with two empty chairs on the other side.

I'm laying on a white bed, and there is a needle hooked up to my arm.

I'm in the hospital.

Why?

"NURSE! SOMEONE! HELLO!" I scream, my voice coming out raspy.

Not even a minute later, the door opens, and a younger looking nurse walks in.

She shoots me a smile, and comes over to stand next to my bed, checking the moniter.

"You're finally awake! You've been in a coma for about a week now. What's wrong dear?"

I don't answer right away, not knowing what exactly to say.

"Where am I?"

She laughs, her brown eyes slightly twinkling.

She's really pretty, with long brown hair, pulled in to a pony tail, big brown eyes, and freckles lining her nose.

"You're at the hospital dear."

I nod my head, trying to find any memory of how I ended up here.

She looks at my questioning face, and walks closer to my bed.

"You got hit by a car, sweetie. But, there were also other injuries you had that weren't caused by the car. Do you remember what happened dear?"

I nod my head, giving her a small smile, not remembering that.

"Oh, ok. That explains a lot. But no. I don't remember... I don't remember anything."

She nods and gives me a quick smile before walking out of the room, leaving me alone to my thoughts.

A bunch of thoughts rush through my head, making my headache even worse.

Actually, now that I think about it, I don't really remember anything about the accident in general, the only evidence that I have is how bad my body was aching and hurting.

What did she mean by other injuries?

It doesn't look like I'm injured at all.

I mean, yeah, my body hurts a lot but she said I got hit.

Suddenly the door to my hospital room is thrown open, and a tall skinny girl walks in.

Seeing her automatically brings a smile to my face.

She looks so familiar.

She has blonde curly hair, and pretty baby blue eyes.

Her eyes light up, and she runs over to me and hugs me, squeezing slightly.

"I'm so happy you're finally awake! You were in a coma for like a week! We were all so worried about you! What happened? That doctor said you got hit by a car and I was so worried about you! I cried so much and Adam was so upset and like we bo-"

I held my hand up stopping her.

"Wait a second... Wh-Who are you?"

Her eyes widen and her face lights up in shock.

She looked hurt by my question.

Am I supposed to know who she is?

"What? Do you want me to get a doctor?" She mumbles not believing what I just said.

Do I know her?

"Actually... Wait... Who-Who am I?" I whisper.

As I think about it I actually have no idea who I am.

All this time I've been worried about the accident and everything, I haven't even thought about what I do remember.

I don't remember anything.

All of this is to much, and suddenly I burst in to tears, and the girl starts crying too.

It seems like I know her very well, but I just can't remember who she is.

All I can do is draw a blank.

It seems like there is a wall, making it so all of my memories and everything I know is just out of my reach...

I feel the girl put her hand on my arm and I look up in to her eyes.

When I do, it's almost as if I'm looking at myself in a mirror.

Even though she doesn't look like me at all, her eyes just seem so familiar.

Then it hits me, and I go silent.

I look at her in shock.

"You're my sister! Katy? Kiley? Kar-Karly! You're Karly!"

She nods her head yes, and I smile from ear to ear, happy that I at least remember who she is.

Even if it took me a little bit to remember.

She's the only person I remember...

I don't even remember my parents.

Or my own name.

"I think I'm gonna rest, Kar." I say, the nickname rolling off of my tongue.

It just seems so natural.

She nods her head and gets up to leave, but she seems happy that I at least remember her.

She walks out and closes the door behind her, and I know she's probably going to go talk to a doctor or nurse about what just happened.

I close my eyes, knowing that no matter what I do, I will make sure I get my memories back.

It's the only thing I'm sure of.

-------------

Hey guys.

This is edited and fixed.

ILYGSM.

Do you think she's gonna remember everything?

Read, Comment, Vote!
-A