Chapter 1 - Storm

Chapter 1

The rain pounded unbelievably hard against my window. It sounds like rocks. My room looked even darker than it always is. Medieval, mysterious, hidden. Thunder rumbled through the sky and I heard a startled screech from downstairs. Most likely my cousin, Amy. While my family were downstairs awaiting our future I was up here in my room thinking and listening. About what? You ask. Why about the lovely rain. It's so peaceful so beautiful. The force of nature battling each other. We are just here to witness it. This hurricane was dangerous. The streets about to be flooded but thanks to storm drains it hasn't happened yet. What would it be like to be outside? To feel it all? I looked down at my bucket list one more time. Dance during a hurricane... Outside. This feels like a life decision that someone should answer.... Haley! My best friend Haley can help me with this. Haley and I are both different. We live for water. Me for the rain and her for the beach. Besides that we are also daring and fearless. Fear is just something to get you away from what you want and deserve after all. I sat down on my plush bed and pulled out my blue Mac. She was on Facebook. Trust Haley and I to be the only ones on Facebook during a hurricane like this. I sent a chat to her.

Me: hey I have something to ask you

Haley: something about going outside?

Me: how'd you know?

Haley: how long have we been friends and how long have I known you? Plus I have a copy of your bucket list remember?

Me: a while... A while... Ya I get your point.

Haley: so should you go outside?

Me: I don't know! You tell me.

Haley: well girlie you do have a beach a mile or two down the road...

Me: you wanna meet up by our palm tree?

Haley: Yesssss!!

Me: okay then see you there in 10 :)

Haley: k bye love you!

Me: bye love you too!

I got off the computer and put it in its waterproof case. I grabbed a rain jacket, boots, a waterproof bag and slipped on a bikini under my clothes. With that I was ready to go. I crept down the stairs and to the back door.