Chapter 3

Charles

Just when I lost hope and had thoughts about wheeling myself into the ocean, a girl, tall and slender, came walking by without a glance towards me.

I took the opportunity and called out, "excuse me! Excuse me ma'am, I need help..."

She looks at me for a while with stunning green eyes. She had wavy dirt blonde hair and a long elegant nose with thin lips that were pressed together as if she were thinking whether to help me or not. She had dimples when she pressed her lips together, I can't imagine how much nicer she would look if she were smiling or laughing.

Slightly turning around she begins to walk away. "Please, please don't leave me stranded here, help me..."

She turns around and glares at me indicating to leave her alone, but her glare softens. "What kind of help could I possibly provide for you?" Her voice was soft and calm. But I had to admit that was a very dumb question.

"Just help me get out of here, please. And judging by your uniform, you're a nurse? So it's kind of your duty to help the helpless."
"No. I volunteer down at the hospital." She said with a straight face, not seeming interested in any of this.

"Right. Can you..."
She cuts me off by saying, "what are you doing here in the first place?"

I looked away from her too embarrassed to tell her the truth.
"I... My mom brought me here...and she hasn't come back yet so..."

She looks at me suspiciously. "Seriously what are you doing here?" She asked again uninterested.

I took a deep sigh and explained. "Someone brought me here, my girlfriend, but she just left me here after breaking up with me." I tried hard to fight back the tears stinging my eyes.

"Look I can't stay here, I need to leave, I'm needed..."
"Your girlfriend brought you here and abandoned you!?" She said puzzled obviously ignoring what I just said.

"Look, are you gonna help or not, I need to leave, please!"
"I'm sorry, but I don't want to get involved in any of this." And with that she turns around for the third time and walks away.

But I'm not ready to give up yet.
"Please, I beg you! Do you not have a heart?"
That did it because she suddenly stopped and turned back at me.
"Who are you anyways?"