Chapter 6

Palace

The queen is sitting down in the royal living room  with Maya a close friend of the family, discussing the disappearance of her son.
Maya was wearing a neat business pants suit with her dark hair tied up in a high bun.
"So even the police were not able to locate his whereabouts?" She asks, worried.
"No, they only found his car deserted in the middle of nowhere,and  he doesn't even drive. But can you believe Emma's father is holding me responsible for her disappearance?" She said in an angry tone.

_______________________________

Charles

There's a knock at my door, but I chose to ignore it. I was just laying in bed looking up at the ceiling and wishing if I could move my limbs I would probably kill myself, but if I could move my limbs, I wouldn't be in this situation.

The door creaks open slightly and Eve's head pops through the crack.
"How you feeling?" She asked stepping in. I looked back at the ceiling and didn't pay her any attention, well I tried not to.

"Well uh, I have to leave now. You know I'm glad I was able to help you out and bring you home."

The least I can say is, "yeah...thank you." I didn't even look at her, I couldn't.
"Can you do me a favor?"
I look down at her with raised brows.
"Don't let this define your life," she said so softly I could barely hear her.
"You know, my mom always used to tell me, 'love is a sacrifice, devoting your whole life to one person can be a rough task, but in the end it's all worth it if you're with the right person'. I think love is bull. You know maybe she wasn't just the right person."

I look at her for a while and take in her mother's wise words. I quickly looked away, I could feel myself being pulled into her warm green eyes. I stared at the ceiling again. From the corner of my eyes I could see her walking out with her head bowed.

"I love you," I said unconsciously.
She stopped in her tracks and turned to look at me with a confused expression. "Huh?"

"I love you Emma, please come back," I said a tear rolling down my face. Call me a baby, call me whatever, but I loved her, and the hurt I'm feeling right now is unbearable.

She goes to put a hand on my arm but decides not to and quickly walks out.