Chapter 9

Palace

All the Kings men were seated around the throne upon which the king sat on. The king was quiet and had his head bowed down miserably.

One of the Kings men, Simon, stood up and spoke. "My king, I think the best thing to do is to wait until further decided..."

"Sit down you! that is rubbish Simon!" Said the head of the kings men, George, jumping to his feet. " we aren't going to wait any longer.."

"It's been less than two weeks..." Said another kings men from the corner.
"Well I think we have waited long enough and all in vein? Yes!" He replied standing back up then sitting again.

"What do you mean by all in vein?"
"Just sit down!" Said another.
This whole time whilst there was argument between the men, the king sat in his throne waiting patiently for a solution.

George stood back up with rage. "Hold on. Since you don't know what all in vein means, let me tell you. It has almost been two weeks since the prince disappeared without a trace! What effort haven't we made in the case of finding him? Since the first prince that went missing seven years ago we have been relying on this prince! And what have we achieved from waiting in desperation? Nothing!"
Most of the men began nodding their heads in agreement as he continued on.
"If he does re-appear, what use is he going to be because we all know he is crippled for life." He began rubbing his hands together and glancing up at the king from time to time. "If you ask me my opinion, I think we should organize a funeral for him, in case he is dead of course and uh...start looking for somebody who could replace our...King."

The kings head snapped up and he glared at George. "Watch your mouth in here, you hear me?" He growled with anger.

He looked at the king and sank back into his chair.
"Are you now wishing our king dies?" Simon says.
Glaring up at him George says, "don't twist my words. You know i didn't mean it like that!"
"No I actually don't, please explain..."

"No need for explaining, you're all dismissed!" The king said banging his fists on the arms of the throne.

___________________________________

In the royal bedroom, the queen sits on the bed with tears running down her cheeks. The king had already explained everything that happened at the meeting.

"I knew it, I suspected him a long time ago. How could he say such a thing?"
She turns towards him pacing up and down the room.

"Your highness, I told you to have better controlling of this situation, but you wouldn't listen! And now look at what your own brother wishes on you."

He stops mid-pace and starts wagging a finger at her. "Don't put the blame on me..." He snarled and walks out slamming the door leaving the weeping queen alone.