8

Ashton threw himself down on the couch. they were back in LA for the week, and they got to stay in the house they did their recording from.

Luke fell next to him, immediately taking ashtons hand.

you see, there had been something strange going on between the two of them. They'd been weirdly close, but denied any sense of the fact that they were dating. Michael even asked at one point if they were being 'friends with benefits'. Luke choked at the idea, and Ashton was hysterically laughing.

Ashton told Michael "I would never treat Luke like that, he deserves more."

That being said, Calum and Michael watched over the two weeks from Luke and ash's conversation at 4 am, wondering what the hell was going on. Calum kept saying it was a huge crush they both had on each other, but refused to actually date each other.

This didn't make any sense to mikey, who insisted they were having an affair. some nights, Michael would even listen at their hotel room door to see if he could hear the noises they would make. but there never were even one.

well, simply because Michael was wrong, and Calum was right.

"I've missed this place.." Luke said with a sigh. Ashton nodded in agreement, knowing he had missed where the first two albums had been recorded. (A/n: yes, two, this is taking place on the slfl tour, I just didn't know what this year's tour would be called before they released it.)

Meanwhile, Michael was making a mess in the kitchen, and Calum was eavesdropping on 'lashton'.

"Michael, shut up, would you? I'm trying to listen to see if they're dating, God damn it!" Calum attempted to shut him up for the sixth time.

Michael laughed, but then realized that he was talking about the secret affair he knew was real. He quietly made his way over to the doorway Calum was listening from.

The boys on the couch had been giggling.

"Stop Ashton! It isn't funny! No! It isn't!" Luke cried.

Ashton just laughed. Eventually, the boys calmed down, and it was quiet for a minute, maybe two. Then Ashton spoke up.

"Ash, I- Calum asked you something on the bus..."

"Mmmh?"

"He asked if, y'know, 'lashton', you and I, if we were real.. are we..? Like, as a couple?"

"I dunno. I kinda wish we were. But we haven't proven it. All we've done is deny it the best we could." Luke sighed.

"What if I don't wanna deny it? What if I wanna be with you?" Ashton sounded dead serious.

"I- well, I suppose we're real." You could hear the smile upon Luke's face.

Calum burst into the room, happier than he'd ever been. "Yes yes yes! I knew it!!"

Luke jumped off the couch, startled by Calum and Michael fangirling in front of them over their own relationship.

Ashtons face was redder than a fire truck. Ash ran out of the room, wishing no one else had hear that except luke.

he ran upstairs to his room, no one else realizing. He was shaking, he had no idea what was going through his mind.

he fell to the floor, panicking.

The shouts and the cheers could still be well heard beneath Ashton. Luke hadn't even followed him upstairs.

He held himself on the floor, planted there. He wanted to rip his wrist apart, but he had made a promise to his, now known as, boyfriend.

Instead, he crawled up off the floor and pulled a blanket up over himself and fell asleep.

~*~

Ashton's eyes snapped open. He had had the worst dream. Luke stopped caring about him, broke his heart, and kicked Ashton out of the band. Ashton then had committed suicide two days later, and Luke had found his body.

But waking up now, he found that Luke was sitting on the edge of the bed, holding one of his hands, smiling down at him.

"Hey baby." Luke's voice soothed him, making his breathing steady.

Ashton pushed his free hand through his hair and sat up.

"Can I tell you something I've known since forever ago? Even if we just started dating?" Ashton asked quietly, afraid he might shatter the relationship.

"I- um- sure." Luke smiled.

"I- God, Luke, I love you so fucking much." He paused, and Luke's face slowly spread into a smile. "I've loved you ever since I laid eyes on you back at the movie theater. Knowing you this well now has only strengthened my love for you. And I can't even explain to you how much you mean to me and how much you've done for me throughout this tour. You're my everything, thank you Luke Robert Hemmings, you're the love of my life."

Luke was speechless. Instead, a tear fell down his cheek, and he pulled Ashton in and kissed him. A long, passionate, loving kiss.

Finally, Luke pulled back and looked Ashton in the eye.

"I love you so much more than you will ever know Ashton. I will always be here, just stay with me forever."

_____________________

This is cute asf, don't even argue.

But hey, I love you guys, stay beautiful.

- Abby 😌💓✌🏻️