Peter: Prologue

Disclaimer: I do not own Teen Wolf or any characters or story lines associated with the T.V show- it belongs to MTV and Jeff Davis.

(Previously in Book 1: My Teen Romance with Derek Hale: Derek and Kristin dated and fell in love until Kristin broke up with Derek out of fear. Derek then started sleeping around with Kate Argent. Derek's family died in a house fire caused by Kate Argent six years ago, apart from Derek's uncle Peter who was the sole survivor and was in a comatose state. Derek moved to Brooklyn with his sister Laura while Kristin stayed in Beacon Hills.)

The plan to draw my niece Laura back to Beacon Hills has been set. In fact she is probably already in town investigating and asking questions. Part of me feels guilty for what I am about to do, but I’ve changed and I need to get my revenge. I have to make the hunters pay for their crimes against me and my family. I want my life back. I have suffered enough. I survived the fire for a reason, and I know what I have to do.
For the past six years I have been a prisoner in my own body. I’ve been in a comatose state. I’m mentally alert and I can hear and see everything happening around me, but I can’t move a single muscle in my body. I have only recently started to be drawn out of bed during the night when the moon is at its peak, but the wolf is in control not me.
I’ve also been tortured with my memories of the fire. I can still smell the smoke as it fills my lungs and begins to slowly suffocate me. Then I feel the hot flames as they inch closer towards my body. The heat is overwhelming and tormenting as it begins to dance closer inch by inch. I’m trapped in the basement and there is no way out. Everyone is screaming and pleading but it doesn’t matter. Within minutes we are all consumed within the fire. Our skin blisters and bubbles we are engulfed.
Stop thinking about it! I order myself. Every time the memory plays in my mind, I feel the pain sweep around my body. I would rather die than experience that intense pain again.
The moon is shining through the window, and I can feel my wolf awakening. He is ready to take what he feels is rightfully his. Please forgive me Laura. I’m sorry I have to do this. I apologise although no one can hear me because I can’t speak, at least not yet. My body is slowly healing cell by cell but when I become an alpha I will start healing a lot quicker. I will heal completely.
I can’t live like this anymore.
My body feels the pull as my wolf reacts to the moon. I’m sitting up in my bed and my nurse Jennifer is standing in the doorway watching with a smile. Her red hair is tied back as usual, and she moves out of my way so I can walk out of the long term building and into the night.
It was Jennifer who lured Laura to Beacon Hills. Jennifer got a picture of a dead deer with a spiral on its body from the vet and sent it to Laura. It was my handy work from last week, and was the first time my wolf surfaced under the moon’s pull. For us werewolves the spiral symbol means a vendetta . . . Revenge and I knew it would gain Laura’s attention and so did Jennifer.
I can feel the cool wind on my face. It’s welcoming, refreshing and amazing. It’s my second time of being out in the woods. I would rather spend my days out here than in a stuffy room. There are so many things that I miss, like being able to talk and being able to move my muscles on will. Over the past six years I’ve realised just how much I took my life for granted.
The moon is higher in the sky and I can hear the nocturnal animals frolicking in the woods, humming and buzzing to life. My wolf is moving me towards the old Hale house where my family perished, and where I nearly lost my life six years ago.
“Peter?” I hear Laura call my name and I can hear the shock and disbelief in her voice.
It’s time. My wolf is smirking as Laura grabs my shoulder.
Part of me wants to stop before I kill Laura. I was close with my niece before the fire but I can’t take being an invalid anymore. I need this and I need to make all the hunters pay for making me and my family suffer. The only way I will heal is if I become an alpha.
I am really sorry Laura. I think to myself as my body faces her and my four canine teeth shift and grow. I have the upper hand of catching Laura off guard, and my wolf pounces before she has the chance to react.
I watch regretfully as my wolf tears her in half and the life leaves her green eyes immediately. I can taste her blood on my tongue and it fills me with sorrow. I didn’t want to kill Laura. I had no choice.
The power surges through my body, and I can feel it taking effect as it begins healing my body immediately, but I know I’m still in my comatose state because I have no control of my body yet, but I will within a short amount of time.
Your death will not be in vain my dear Laura. I will make them all pay I promise. I swear to Laura as my wolf leaves her body behind and he continues to walk to the Hale house. It is my strongest memory and wolves are driven by memories.
I hope Derek will forgive me. As of now he is my only living blood relative, well the only relative I talked to and the only member of my pack until I start adding to it.

THANKS for reading! Did you enjoy it?
IMPORTANT NOTE: I just finished re-editing Book 1. I’ve mentioned Paige as the reason Derek was avoiding humans as much as possible. I added that Derek was having a special family reunion to do with a full moon which is why so many family members perished in the fire. Kristin’s mother Courtney isn't an alpha and doesn’t shift into a full wolf anymore.
I hope you like THE TRAILER.
VOTECOMMENTFANADD TO LIBRARY... XOX