Chapter 6: His Tutor and Nothing Else

|Raelyn|

"So did you tell him that you love him?" Aaliyah asked.

I rolled my eyes. My crush on Zayden was nothing more than a simple crush, but she was taking it way out of proportion.

"Aaliyah, please stop with this Zayden mess. I'm not the only girl in the world with a crush on him. And if I were to confess my love for him, he would decline me because he's too focused on going to the NBA and I'm not going to stand in his way of that."

"Ugh," He growled. "But Rae, how will you ever know if it's meant to be if you don't tell him?"

"Aaliyah, I have a crush on Zayden, but I don't want to be with him. Basketball is his life, and I really feel sorry for whatever girl ends up with him because he won't pay her any attention because of his love for basketball."

"So, you want to be alone forever?"

"No, of course I don't want to be alone forever, but I want someone who will watch basketball with me and give me most of his attention and Zayden can't give me that."

"Aright, Rae. I'm going to class, I'll see you later." She said and exited out my bedroom. Once Aaliyah was gone, I got ready for class.

~~~

As soon as I got out of class, my phone started to vibrate.

Zayden: Meet me at the gym?

I wasn't tutoring Zayden until later tonight, so why did he want me to be him now?

I walked into the gym and the basketball players were practicing. If I had known that they would be practicing, I would have told Zayden that I could meet him after practice was over.

Zayden looked over to where I was standing and smiled, but it was just enough tie for another basketball player to snatch the ball from him and shoot it.

"Take five!" The coach yelled.

Zayden jogged over to his gym bag and pulled something out. I walked over to where he was to see why he wanted me to meet him here.

"Zayden, why d-" Before I could finish my sentence, Zayden picked me up and spun me around, getting his sweat all over me. Once he finally put me down, I said, "What was that for?"

"This was my test last month." He handed me a paper with red pen markings all over and a big red F. "And this is my test from this morning." He handed me another paper with fewer red markers and a red C.

I have happy to hear the my efforts in tutoring him were finally paying off. "Congratulations, Zayden." I smiled and hugged him again.

"And coach said, I can play again starting next week." He smiled. I know basketball was his life, so I know he was devastated when his coach told him that he couldn't play until his grades were better. "Thank you so much, Rain, I'll see you tonight, right?"

"Yeah." I nodded and he ran back onto the court to finish practicing.

Hakeem walked over to me. "How are you two love birds?"

I rolled my eyes at him. "Shut up and finish practicing."

"Alright, but when y'all finally stop playing and get together, I want $1,000 from you and him."

"Hakeem, this ain't a bet. Plus, Zayden and I will never be together. I'm his tutor and nothing else."

"You say that now." He said then walked back onto the court.

After my encounters with Zayden and Hakeem, I left the gym and went home to do some homework and some studying.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.