Chapter 11: Girls' Night

|Raelyn|

"Rae, you got my boy losing his mind." Hakeem said as he approached Aaliyah and I while we were walking around campus.

"What are you talking about, Keem?"

"Zay. When we lost that game, he wasn't even mad. He said, 'there's more to life than just basketball.' I ain't never heard him say some shit like that."

"What makes you think that I'm the reason for that?" I questioned.

Hakeem gave me a straight face. "He fucked a lot of girls, but when he started fuckin' you, he changed."

"Goodbye." I said with a straight face.

I walked away from Hakeem and Aaliyah and went to class because of what Hakeem had said to me. He knew Zayden and I weren't fucking, but he always brought it up.

~~~

After class, I went over to Zayden's for our session. I knocked on the door, but no one answered. I knocked again because I assumed maybe he just didn't hear me. After no one answered his door again, I shrugged my shoulders and walked away.

He was probably busy, but this was our usual time to study. Instead of leaving campus, I went to Aaliyah's dorm room.

I knocked on her room door. "Come in." I heard her roommate yell.

I walked in and greeted Aaliyah who was on her laptop and her roommate, Kyla.

Aaliyah's roommate Kyla was known around school as "Fine Kyla." I had to admit, she was gorgeous. She was similar to the definition of perfection. All the guys at school are trying to get with her, but I hear that she was planning on saving herself until marriage. But being that she was a girl with morals and values, that only made the guys want her more.

"Hey. Raven right?"

I sighed. It seemed as if there were only a selected few people who actually knew my name at this school. It's really annoying because this is my second year at this school and people had yet to at least get my name right.

"It's Rain- I mean Raelyn." I said. I've been around Zayden so much lately that I'm even calling myself Rain.

"Oh, sorry." She replied.

I sat down next to Aaliyah. "Hey best friend." she said.

"Hi."

"Shouldn't you be with Zay right now?" She asked, but never looked up from her laptop.

"Yeah. I knocked, but no one opened the door, so I left and now I'm here." I said.

"Call him."

"I'm not about to call him. He's busy so I'm just going to chill with my best friend." I said and gave her a hug.

"Okay, but let's go out or something, I don't want to stay here."

"Alright." I stood up. "Let's go get something to eat, I'm hungry."

"Yeah, what are we going to get?" Aaliyah grabbed her car keys and we walked out.

"I don't know. What do you want to eat?"

"I don't you, want do you want?"

Aaliyah and I stopped walking towards her car and just looked at each other.

"You wanna just go to my house, eat junk food, and watch Netflix?" I suggested.

"Yeah, let's go." She said. We continued walking towards her car and got in.

I quickly grabbed the aux cord before she could. If she had grabbed it, she was going to play the same song over and over again, Don't by Bryson Tiller. She played that song every day and she made me hate it. It was like that was the only song by him that she actually listens to, even though she likes some of his other songs.

I scrolled through my music and smiled when I landed on a song. This was me and Aaliyah's jam.

"Liyah, you know what they say."

"It goes down in the DMs." We said at the same time as the music started to play.

"I seen your girl post her BM." I sang.

"So I hit her in her DM." Aaliyah sang. Whenever we played this song while we were together, I would sing one line and she would sing the next line and we would continue like that throughout the entire song.

Aaliyah pulled into my driveway and we got out of her car. I reached into my pocket, grabbed my key, and unlocked the door.

"Noah, Aaliyah's here!" I yelled, but there was only silence. "I guess he's not here."

Aaliyah and I walked to my room and she immediately plopped down on my bed. I turned my T.V. on and went to Netflix.

"I'm going to get us some snacks, pick a movie for us to watch." I said and walked out of the room. I went into the kitchen and basically grabbed everything, chips, cookies, pickles, sodas, everything.

When I walked back into my room, Aaliyah was on my wall twerking. I placed the snacks on my bed and sat down. I wasn't even about to say anything to Aaliyah. The girl has twerked all over my house as if it was her's. I just shook my head.

The movie that she chose was Teeth. I had never seen it. I just started the movie without her, but when she heard it she quickly got off my wall and laid on my bed to watch the movie with me.

"You were going to start without me?"

"Yeah, I saw that you were busy." I responded.

"Whatever Rae. This is gonna turn into a sleepover, because I'm staying the night."

"That's fine." I said and we continued to watch the movie.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.