Chapter 18: Rest of the Summer

|Raelyn|

"Hey!" I answered Zayden's facetime call.

"Rae."

"To you, it's Rain." I corrected.

"Rae, I got something to tell you." He ignored.

"Okay." I said. I knew he read the letter, but it didn't want to bring it up.

"I love you too." I froze. Did Zayden Coleman just tell me that he loves me? Was this for real or was just dreaming? "Hello? Rae? Rae, did you hear what I said?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I heard what you said."

"After I read your letter and got off of the plane, I called Kyla and broke up with her. I want to be with you."

I was still in shock. "Uh, Zayden, someone's at my door. I'll call you back." I lied and hung up before he could say anything.

No one was at my door, but I needed an excuse to hang up and get my thoughts together. I had waited too late to tell Zayden, and so did he. Now we were miles apart and finally confessing our love for each other. I wanted to be in a relationship with him, but we were in completely different states and a long distance relationship wasn't something that I saw myself being in.

After a few minutes, I got myself together and called Zayden back. 

"Zayden, I want to be with you too, but we're in different states and in dif-"

"Fly out here and be with me." He interrupted. 

As much as I wanted to, I couldn't do that. My entire life was here in Kansas. And I was halfway through with getting my athletic training degree, I couldn't just leave.

"You know I can't. I-"

"Dammit Rain!" He shouted, scaring me. "All this fucking time, I was telling you that love wasn't for me, and now I'm finally telling you that I want to be with you, and you don't want to be with me?"

"Zayden, I do, it's just- Alright, Zayden, It's the beginning of August and my classes don't start until the beginning of September, so I'll spend the rest of my summer with you. I'm gonna go pack, bye."

"Wait!" He called.

"Yeah?"

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled and hung up.

I can't believe this. This is something I know Aaliyah would be excited about, but her and I weren't speaking at this moment.

I grabbed a suitcase and start packing essentials. I only grabbed a few clothes because I could always buy some more while I'm there.

"Noah!" I called.

"What?" He asked walking into my bedroom.

"I'm going to Washington for the rest of the summer." 

"D.C. or state?"

"D.C." I answered.

"Okay." He said and walked out.

I Googled when the next flight from Kansas to D.C. would be and it wouldn't be for four more days. I couldn't wait that long. I Googled the drive time and it was only nineteen hours. Nineteen hours was a long time, but it was shorter than four days, so I would have to deal with it.

I put my suitcases in my car. If I leave now, then I would be there by tomorrow morning.

I said goodbye to Noah and left.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.