The Game- Chapter 1

Nobody knows what I'm going to do. Nobody will believe it. Just wait until I get that girl. Then people will see that I mean business. After all, this is THE GAME. 

-YOUR FRIEND

Chapter 1

Mackenzie Wheeler strode across the front lawn of her house angrily. She opened the door, and slammed it shut with a loud bang that was heard across the street. 

Her sister, Sophie was following slowly behind, looking depressed. She stopped at the door. Sophie ran her hands through her thick brown hair nervously, but stepped inside.

Mackenzie yelled at Sophie, her blue eyes cold with fury. "How could you do that to me?"

"I'm sorry Mackenzie. I just.... I-" Sophie said timidly.

"You wanted my boyfriend! So you steal Nate from me!" Mackenzie shouted.

"I didn't steal Nate! We've been in love for a long time! You're just some airhead, and both of us actually care about our grades, and going to college!" Sophie shouted, her temper rising.

Mackenzie looked stunned, as if Sophie had slapped her. "Well. It's clear now."

Mackenzie turned and walked away, and Sophie groaned. "Wait, Mackenzie!"

Mackenzie turned around and glared at her sister threateningly. "Don't talk to me."

Sophie's POV

I really did feel bad about what happened with Nate, but I loved him. He was the most amazing boy ever. But then he started dating Mackenzie. I was upset about this, but was careful not to show it, in case of wrecking my friendship with Mackenzie. Then two days ago, he dumped Mackenzie for no reason, or that's what she thought. The night they broke up, I was in my room studying for a Physics test, when my window opened and Nate climbed in. 

We sat on my bed and started talking, and things just kept going...

She caught us making out at lunch today, and totally lost it. She was screaming, and furiously attacking us.

Speaking of him, Nate climbed in my window. I smiled at him, and closed my door.

We sat on my bed. 

"Babe, I'm really sorry for coming after Mackenzie...." He groaned.

I smiled. "I'm happy to see you."

I kissed him for a long time. But this time, something was wrong.

I didn't feel anything. No sparks. No fireworks. No nothing.

Nate kissed me again, and I tried to feel something, but nothing happened.

Maybe because he had become such a jerk lately. 

After Nate left, I called my friend Ella. "Hey chica!" She said.

Ella was spunky and rude, which is why I loved her. She was rude, but in a funny way. Nobody takes her insults seriously.

"Hey Ella." I said sullenly. I wanted to call her because she was good at distractions.

"Hey Soph, what's up? I'm trying to smell vinegar." Ella said.

There was a loud crack on the other line.

Ella sniffed through the phone. "Victory!"

I groaned. "Please tell me that you aren't-"

"Chucking golf balls in the bathtub to smell the vinegar core? I am." Ella said, chucking another one.

See? The distraction was working already.