The Game- Chapter 5

Mackenzie's POV

I woke up in the morning, feeling nervous. Today was the first day at my new school. I wondered if I would find any new friends.

Of course I would, I was Mackenzie Wheeler, I could find new friends. Easy.

I thought about the days when Sophie and I were younger, before middle school. Greyson and Ella used to play with us all the time. We were all best friends.

I can't believe that I used to be friends with Ella. She is a loser. She's fat and ugly, and nobody likes her but Sophie. Sophie knows that Ella is fat, and Ella still denies that she's fat whenever somebody brings it up.

But we all know that it's true.

I put on my best outfit ever. It was a purple insanely low cut shirt, with low, tight jeans, and flats that were uncomfortable, but looked awesome. With a little makeup, I would look even better.

Sophie came down to my room. I stuck my tongue out at her, and slammed the door in her face, just because. Then I opened the door, smirked at her, and went downstairs to get breakfast.

Turns out my mother wasn't awake. Truly that wasn't surprising, but it was still sad. I don't know what Sophie and I would do if mom hadn't taught us how to cook.

I decided to go make myself some sunny side up eggs. Sophie had decided to eat French Toast. We ate at the table in silence, waiting for the bus to come and get us.

"This is it. Our first day." Sophie said quietly.

I nodded in agreement. For some reason, this all felt like a dream to me. Or a nightmare.

The bus pulled up outside our house, and we climbed in.

"Hey look, new girls!" Some punk in the back of the bus yelled.

Everyone started laughing, and throwing stuff and Sophie and I. I managed to find a seat next to a blonde. She was putting her make up on.

"Hi, I'm Mackenzie!" I said to her.

She smiled at me. "I'm Nadia."

I smiled back. I think I had just found my first real friend.

Sophie's POV

I couldn't believe that Mackenzie had found a seat so quickly. There was almost no room!

The bus turned sharply, and I fell into a seat, right next to a pretty brunette girl, with green and purple highlights in her hair, which was weird, but it looked surprisingly cool. I smiled at her apologetically. "I'm sorry. Hi, My name is Sophie."

She smiled at me. "It's okay. And I'm Avril."

I sat and talked to her for the rest of the ride to school.

When we got there, my jaw dropped to the floor. This school was at least three times the size of my old school! How would I ever get around?

Avril laughed. "Sophie, follow me. I'll get the office ladies to give you a map, and your schedule."

I followed her inside and straight into the office. "Hi, Mrs. Roberts!"

Mrs. Roberts looked up and smiled at Avril. "Ah, Hello dear! What can I do for you?"

"Sophie here is new, and she needs a map of the school." Avril said.

Mrs. Roberts smiled. "Sure. Sophie, here is your map and schedule. Now, you have ten minutes to get to class! Go on then."

Avril and I left the office, and compared schedules. We had three classes together. Including our first one. We raced down the halls to first period Algebra.