The Game- Chapter 14

Split up the dance into two chapters because a ton happens there, and I feel bad for not posting in awhile, so I'm giving you this half. I might split it into three parts, but most likely only two. Anyway, Enjoy!

______________________________________________________________________________

Mackenzie's POV

I woke up from my nap, yawning. Then, remembering why I'd woken up, I smiled. In two hours, I would be going to the dance with Garrett Marshall. 

Just thinking about him made my heart leap. 

Garrett Marshall had asked me (of all the girls in the school!) to the dance! I couldn't believe it, I'm still pretty new to the school.

I guess it's just another perk of being a Bee.

Sophie was still asleep when I'd showered and been dressed. I panicked. Holy crap, she only had half an hour to get ready!

Frantically, I raced into her room. I grabbed a pillow and threw it at her.

She groaned and rolled over, facing away from me. I gritted my teeth. And Sophie thought I was hard to get up in the mornings!

"Sophie, you have an hour to get ready!" I yelled into her ear. 

She bolted out of bed. "Omigod! Move!"

I sat down on her bed, looking around her room. I was so jealous. She has a freaking window seat. How cool is that? My room seems crappy in comparison. Sometimes I liked to lay down here and pretend it was my room. 

Ten minutes later, steam entered the room as Sophie stepped out of the shower, soaking wet. I left for her to change and got out my makeup. 

I closed my eyes, and was just putting the finishing touches on my blush when she called me into her room. "Mackenzie, can you help me?"

I entered her bathroom. "What can I do you for, ma'am?"

She rolled her eyes. "Help me with my mascara."

Now it was me who rolled my eyes. "Oh come on, Soph, you need to start doing it yourself."

"But you know I can't help but crack up when I'm putting it on!" Sophie whined.

"Okay, stand still and I'll do it." I took the mascara from her. "Look up."

She looked up and focused on a spot on the wall. When I was halfway done, she turned away and cracked up. "God, Soph! Let me finish!"

She wiped a tear from her eye, the one I hadn't done. "I'm sorry, I'll stand still."

Quickly, before she moved again, I finished her mascara and capped it. "Done."

Sophie wrapped her thin arms around me in a hug. "Thanks so much, 'Kenzie!"

Sophie's dress was quite stunning on her. It was a deep sleveless red that reached to mid-thigh. The  neckline was bordered with tiny jewels, and there was a large red flower on the left hip. "Wow, you look awesome Sophie!"

"Thanks, you look pretty good too." She smiled at me. 

I had to admit, my dress was pretty good too. It was black with one shoulder, and the dress reached my ankles. The dress hugged my hips, but it looked a little awkward. Maybe it was just me being self concious. 

"Mackenzie, Sophie! Your dates are here!" Mom yelled up the stairs. 

Sophie and I raced down both flights of steps. When we got there, Beverly hugged us. "You guys look amazing!"