The Game- Chapter 19

Mackenzie's POV

I slammed the door shut, dropped my suitcase on the floor, and jumped onto my bed. Sleep was what I needed right now. Yes, sleep sounded nice right now. I could already imagine it... ouch! Opening my eyes, I glared at Paige, who was sitting on me. 

"Get off of me. In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to sleep." I said angrily, shooting lasers at Paige. Yes, lasers. Daggers are so cliché. 

Paige grinned and wiggled her bony butt. "Nope. Not until you get up and pack."

Growling, I aimed a punch at her but she ducked and avoided it. Paige giggled when she saw my expression. "Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning." With a sigh, she hopped off and I grinned, diving back under my covers. 

I was just drifting off to sleep when there was a tap on my shoulder. Nadia. I groaned. "What do you want? I got up way too early for this!" 

"You have to unpack, Mackenzie. We're already done, and you don't wanna be the only one who has to unpack after dinner while we're hanging out." The blonde told me with an intense stare. She was right. Nadia was definitely right. 

"Yeah, okay." I said, hopping out of bed. I might've been tired a minute or two ago, but now I felt alive and wide awake. Something about Nadia just made everyone... cheerful and bubbly. Grabbing my suitcase, I lugged it ontop of my bed and unzipped it. I took out all of my clothes that now had the typical airport smell. Quickly, I picked out my pajamas and then tossed the lot of clothes down the laundry chute. There was no way I would wear clothes that smelled like that. 

The only other things left in my suitcase were a book we were reading in English, my teddy bear (don't judge me), my ipod, my laptop, some fashion magazines, a few extra pairs of shoes, my makeup bag, and a box of jewelry. We might be on vacation, but that didn't mean I wasn't going to make an effort at looking nice. 

Should I change into something else? I didn't like wearing airport clothes, but then again, dinner was soon, and then we would just  change into pajamas, so it seemed pointless. Or I could just change into my pajamas before dinner. Liking this idea, I picked out a tank top and a pair of sweats before heading to the bathroom to change. 

"Where are you going?" Nadia asked me, looking up from her magazine. 

"To the bathroom to change." I answered. 

Walking out of the room, I headed down the hall to the bathroom. Not looking where I was going, I bumped into someone. "Sorry." I said, looking up to meet a pair of blue eyes. Glaring at my old friend, I pushed past Greyson. 

"Mackenzie, wait!" He said. Before he could get any closer, I slammed the bathroom door shut. 

The bathroom was actually very nice. There was a wooden floor that was a very nice mahogany color. There were three sinks, the fancy kind where you put your hand under and the water would come on, so you didn't have to touch anything. The counter was marble, and it smelled nice in here. What was that smell? I couldn't put my finger on it, but it smelled like some sort of flower. 

The cabin was definitely not how I remembered it, from just last year. Greyson's family had obviously done some major remodeling. The bedrooms were the same, but the bathroom and I'm betting the kitchen, living room, and dining room were better. 

Quickly, I changed into my new clothes and tossed the others down the laundry chute. Finally, I could smell clean, and not like an airport. I put on deoderant and sprayed on some perfume, just to make sure the awful smell was gone. Looking into the mirror, I groaned. I looked terrible. My hair was a mess from tossing and turning when I tried to sleep on the plane. My face was oily and pale since I had yet to wash it today, and my skin was deathly pale. I guess that's what you get for sleeping on a plane. After all, according to Paige, only Zayn Malik could look amazing after a long flight.