The Game- Chapter 11

Mackenzie's POV

Winter Break was only two weeks away. I was counting down on my calendar. I was so excited, the week away would be awesome. Just me, Greyson, and Sophie, like old times. 

Except it'll be so much more different, because Sophie and Greyson like eachother now. 

Sophie thinks I don't know, but of course I do, how could I not? Maybe I shouldn't have hacked into her facebook account. 

Okay, well I didn't hack it, she just never logged off. So, I looked through her messages with Ella, since she tells that girl everything. That's where I found out a bunch of her secrets. 

That she has this major crush on Greyson. That Nate is still messaging her and won't leave her alone. And that she likes that freak in our math class, Drake. Oh, and none of them are talking to her right now. They're all mad at her for some reason. Except for Nate. 

Reading through those messages with Nate made my blood boil, thinking back to when she stole him from me. 

Nate and I had been so happy together. We were the golden couple of the school. We were going to be prom king and queen. Then before we moved I found out that he'd been cheating on me with Sophie for two months. 

Just thinking about it made me feel like crap all over again. 

Nate picked my own sister over me. I wasn't pretty enough to keep him away from my own sister. Nobody has a clue about the pain and humiliation I went through. Your boyfriend cheating on you with your sister? Nobody I know has gone through that. 

I was just hoping to get away with Greyson and Sophie for a little while so I could forget all of that. Since she would be crushing on Greyson, I could totally forget about Nate. 

I grabbed my iPod, and stuck in my earbuds. Lilly Allen's "Smile" blasted into my ears. I stared at the ceiling and listened to the song. 

At first, when I see you cry

It makes me smile

Yeah it makes me smile

At worst, I feel bad for awhile

But then I just smile

I go ahead and smile

I smiled. This song always cheered me up. 

"Mackenzie, dinner!" My mom shouted. 

I sighed and paused the song. 

Dinner was salad and casserole. Yuck. I ate it anyways though, just hoping that the night would pass so I could sleep and forget about Nate.

I thought I wouldn't be able to sleep, but in the morning I woke up from a good night's sleep. Then I had to get ready for school. 

"Mackenzie, wake up. Time for school." Sophie tugged the covers off of my bed.

I hugged me knees. "Nooooo, it's so cold!"

"Get up and put clothes on and you'll be warm." Sophie said irritably and left my room. 

I got up to grab my sheets and dove under my covers again. 

Fifteen minutes later, Sophie came into my room again, combing her wet hair. "Mackenzie, you need to get up. You'll be late."

"Urgh. Leave me alone." I said. 

I didn't feel like getting up for school today. It was Nadia's birthday and I didn't get her a present, so I was hoping on skipping. But Sophie was clearly not going to buy it.