The Game- Chapter 3

Sophie's POV

I ran into the bathroom, crying. I was so stupid. I can't believe that I thought I had a chance with Greyson, compared to Leighton Roberts. He was telling the truth about who he liked. But I liked him. It wasn't fair. Every guy that I had ever liked has never even looked at me.

This time wouldn't be the same. This time, I wouldn't let Greyson go that easily.

I walked out of the bathroom, but jumped back. Mackenzie and Greyson were talking in the hallway.

".... Yeah.... Sophie...... you......." I only heard pieces of what Mackenzie was saying.

"Well, I don't like her like that." Greyson said.

I gasped, flushing. Mackenzie just told Greyson that I liked him!

"I'll prove to you that she doesn't like me." Greyson said. 

I walked out of the bathroom on cue. Greyson jumped. "Uh, Sophie! Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"Sure. What is it?" I pretended like I didn't know what he would ask me.

"Will you go out with me?" He asked me.

I paused, unsure of what to say. If I said yes, then I would look like a loser, and he wouldn't date me. If I said no, then I would lose the guy. 

"Are you just asking me to prove if I like you or not?" I demanded.

He looked stunned. "No, I really like you Sophie. I lied about liking Leighton."

How do I know if He's telling the truth or not?

"I'll get back to you on that." I smiled, and walked away.

Greyson looked at Mackenzie, and smiled. "She's just being nice. I hope she does say yes though."

I paused. Did I just hear Greyson confess that he likes me? Yes, yes I did. 

I skipped down the hallway, glowing with joy. I'd just say yes tonight, over video chat.

Mackenzie's POV

Greyson walked away from me, grinning. He thinks he's all that. Just wait until he rejects Sophie. I knew it was going to happen, he probably didn't even like her.

I walked back into class, and headed over to Sky and Taylor. "Hello girls."

"Ooh, What have you been up to?" Taylor asked me mischievously.

"Nothing." I said innocently. "But what's up with you, Sky? Hooked up with any boys lately?"

She gaped at me, stunned. "Yeah. Anthony Silver."

"Ooh, he's hot." Taylor said, believing it.

Sky and I were looking at each other, communicating silently. I pulled out my phone, and she nodded.

What is up with Taylor? She's so.... gullible today.

I think she just didn't have her coffee this morning :)

Sky, I'm serious. I think somethings up with her. I'm gonna go find Rachel, and talk to her.

Kay, cya later.

I shut my phone, and went to another classroom. There Rachel was, making out with Max. My Max.

I was stunned. I couldn't believe her! She's totally making out with my boyfriend, and she knows we're still together! How could she do that to me?

The sight of that made my blood boil. I raced back to the other room, feeling tears behind my eyes. I pushed them back, knowing I couldn't cry in front of the school.