The Game- Chapter 20

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in forever, but I've been swamped with homework and life has been pretty hectic lately. Do you like the new cover?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Mackenzie's POV

My friends are great most of the time. But very occasionally, at times like these, I want to scream and slap them. For instance, this morning I was in bed sleeping, perfectly fine. But then Susie had come up with an awful idea to wake me up. What she did was put marbles in the freezer overnight, and then dumped them on my bed in the morning. I had about fifty freezing marbles attatched to my body, so this experience wasn't very pleasant for me.

"Oh my god, guys!" I yelled, getting out of bed. Susie and Beverly picked up the marbles, laughing. Nadia put her hand on my shoulder.

"I'm sorry Mackenzie, they're being jerks. Guys, that was awful. Don't do it again." Nadia said seriously, glaring at all of them. They stopped laughing at once and nodded. It was ridiculous, the amount of control she had over them. I can't believe they listened to her so easily. It was like they were being blackmailed or something.

"Ladis, listen up." Nadia said. I focused my gaze onto the petite blonde. Beverly and Susie looked up from what they were doing to focus on my friend. "I need one of you to go get Sophie and Aubrey. We have important things to talk about."

Beverly looked at the floor, and I was about to get up, but Susie had already gotten to the door. Disappearing, she opened the door to the other room. I sat down on my bed, getting comfortable. Seconds later, Nadia crawled next to me, Beverly following her.

Susie, Sophie, and Aubrey appeared in the doorway. Spotting everyone on my bed, the three all sat down with us.

"Mes amies." Nadia began. "I've decided that today, while everyone's gone, we should throw a party."

A wide grin appeared across Susie's face. Beverly squealed in delight, and Aubrey hugged Sophie, who looked miserable. "What's wrong Sophie?" I asked her.

The brunette gave me a sad smile. "I have to go skiing with mom and Greyson."

"Don't worry about it, I'll talk to your mom." Nadia said. Sophie grinned.

"Okay, first of all, we need to make sure that Paige doesn't find out about our party. After what happened yesterday, she's permanently out. Nobody talk to her. She can't be trusted." Nadia said seriously.

I nodded obediently. Paige could no longer be trusted. Beverly and Susie were quick to agree with Nadia, but Sophie and Aubrey were more hesitant. "Don't you think we should forgive her? She didn't mean to hurt you."

Nadia looked at her coldly. "Shouldn't you forgive Heath? He didn't mean to hurt you." Aubrey opened her mouth to make an angry retort, but Sophie gave her a drop it look, and she closed her mouth without a sound.

The blonde took a deep breath and opened her mouth again. "Okay, so we're going to need lots of food for the party. I definitely think that we should have Cheetos, because they're amazing. What do you think, mes amies?"

"Since when do you speak French?" Susie asked Nadia. I nodded in agreement, she usually just spoke in English.

"Since I decided that French is cool." Nadia said. "Anyway, is everyone cool with Cheetos?" Everyone nodded. 

"Mackenzie and Beverly, I want you two to get the playlist. Everyone, give them your ipods so they can grab songs from all of our libraries." Nadia said. "Susie, I want you to keep everyone away from us, and make sure they don't find out what's going on. Sophie and Aubrey, I want you two to bake cookies for the party. I made sure there was enough cookie mix for a few dozen, which should be enough. I'm going to go invite a few friends from the lodges across the mountain, and then I'm getting a ride from a friend to the store to get some snacks."