six

October 21st, 2013, 7:30pm
Columbus, Ohio
The Dun Residence

"What kind of name is that?" Brendon asked, his eyebrows raised in confusion. The planchette felt awfully heavy in Josh's hands, somehow; a slight pressure pressed his hands against it.

"Shut up, dude. You might anger it," Pete muttered under his breath, slightly angry himself, and his hands pressed tightly against the planchette. "Okay, okay...sorry."

Ryan sighed and took a deep breath. This was starting to take a toll on him, Josh could feel it. "Alright, um...Blurry—? Where are you right now?" He asked. They waited, and waited, and waited for the heart-shaped piece of wood to move, but nothing. There was unease, and slight fear, in the room. The tension was even more nerve-wrecking for Josh.

They kept waiting, and Josh though he saw a shadow cross quickly behind Brendon. No, he did see it. It was no mind trick or hallucination from his fear. The light bulb inside the lamp beside the couch popped suddenly, causing shards of glass to fly over the couch and on the floor.

The sudden happening made all of them jump in shock and sudden fear, chills running down their spines. The room became dimmer, and Josh's heart beat quicker than ever, a knot forming in his throat.

"Guys, I think we should stop this already. It—" Josh started, but Brendon cut him off before he could continue. "What? Why? This just got exciting! Let's continue!" Josh was about to protest, but Brendon was already asking the, clearly menacing, entity a question. "When did you die?"

The planchette started to move quickly to the numbers 1, 9, 9, and 8. "Whoa," Pete muttered. "That's when we were all born," Ryan muttered, his eyes drooping slightly, Josh noticed. "What month and what day, though?" Ryan then asked. The planchette moved again; this time to the numbers 1, 0, 3, and 1.

Josh could feel the whole room spinning. His heart was beating unhealthily fast in his chest, his breathing was growing shallower, and he sure felt like he was about to cry. All eyes turned to him, and Brendon muttered loudly, "1, 0, 3, and 1. It stands for month 10 and day 31. October 31st..."

"Josh's birthday," Patrick voiced up.

Josh couldn't remember what happened next, only that everything went black.

a/n: HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! here's a lil spooky filler for y'all :) bc next chapter's gonna be the bomb (sorry for any typos lol i'll try to fix it later, hope you still enjoyed tho! love y'all!)