Urgency

It was chaos.

Everything went wrong.

Things weren't the way you were accustomed to. All sense of time was gone. There was no morality.

Already you felt lost and confused. You were lost and confused.

Nothing had an explanation, it just was. Everything just was.

You looked around. It was clear you were in Gravity Falls, but this definitely wasn't the Gravity Falls you knew.

Creatures of all types roamed around, chasing people, hunting them down.

You didn't see any of your friends on the streets. Your dad was no where to be found, either.

Your heart began beating faster as you started to run. Maybe he was at your cabin.

But then you stopped. You stopped because you saw him, a person you knew.

He was there, sitting alone.

"Bill!" You called out.

He looked up, and walked over to you without a care in the world. Like monsters running around and terrorizing the citizens of the small town was a normal thing.

"What the hell is happening?" You asked.

Bill looked at you, no emotion on his face. "The rift." He stated plainly.

"What is this?"

"We have to hurry." It was more monotone than you'd ever heard him speak before, less loud and cheerful.

"I don't understand."

Bill extended a hand as he stared at you with his cold eyes.

Then you realized that this would be reality. If Bill didn't get the rift, this would all happen. The chaos, the pain. You couldn't let this happen.

You wouldn't.

You refused to accept this as fate. You would help get Bill the rift, no matter what. You wouldn't let the town die.

Would the two of you be able to fix it? Not here, you knew you couldn't here, but before. You could before.

You searched his eyes for any kind of emotion. That's when you saw the small trace of fear in his eyes. "We can beat it." You took his hand.

^~^

You awoke to a loud crash downstairs. For a second, you didn't realize where you were. But then, you relaxed, seeing the sliding door to your terrace.

You hesitated before getting out of bed and walking down the cold, wooden stairs. When you reached the kitchen, you nearly turned around and walked back upstairs into your cozy bed where you could speculate about the dream, but your curiosity got the best of you.

"First of all, why?"

Your dad looked over his shoulder sheepishly. "Sorry, kid. Did I wake you?"

"What are you doing?"

"Um, breakfast." He stood holding a few of the pans that clattered to the floor. "I was gonna make you eggs, or something."

"You cook eggs on the stove, Dad, not the floor."

"Ha ha." He put all the pans on the counter. "Hey, I'm trying here."

"Uh huh. Hey, Dad?"

"Huh?"

"Zach and I are gonna head over to the Mystery Shack later today. Do you want us to get anything while we're out?"

"Actually." Dad turned on the stove. "I'm gonna need some more coffee. I drank it all already."

"Seriously? No, you can't drink that much coffee. It's bad for you."

"Be a doll, Doll."

You rolled your eyes. Your dad said that way to often, and you hated it. Yet it still made you do what he wanted.

"Fine. But don't drink it all so fast."

"Thanks, kid."

You started to walk away, but then stopped yourself. "Dad? Have you ever heard of a rift?"

"What?"

"You know, like a rift. In your studies here."

"Well, I know a rift's a crack or break in something."

"Like, a rift between time, or worlds, or something supernatural?"

"There are temporal rifts and interdemensional rifts... Why are you so interested all the sudden?"

"Just curious." You shrugged.

You turned around to leave once more, but ran straight into Bill.

"Oh, sorry." He yawned. "I heard a loud noise and came to see what it was."

"It was just my dad, trying to cook things."

Bill looked past you at your dad, who seemed to be staring at the two of you. Quickly though, he cleared his throat and cracked open an egg into a pan.

"Don't be weird." You whispered to Bill before you ran upstairs.

You quickly took a shower and brushed your hair and teeth. After throwing on an outfit, you hurried back down the steps to make sure that Bill hadn't freaked out your dad.

Luckily, when you got there, you didn't see your dad sobbing uncontrollably in the corner (Bill said something about asking why until people broke down crying and wanting to experiment with it again).

You sighed before sitting on a stool next to Bill just in time for a plate with eggs and bacon to be placed in front of you.

"Thanks." You grinned, picking up your fork.

Bill observed the way you held the fork before picking up his own. For a while, he just poked at the food on his plate. Then he finally got enough courage to try one.

It went better than you'd hoped, with no comment on how the eggs weren't as terrible as how he expected them to be or anything like that.

Then you waited for the hour it took for him to get ready and set off towards the Mystery Shack.