Untroubled

"C'mon, Princess."

You wearily opened your eyes to find yourself in your room, your (f/c) blankets pulled close. You smelled the familiar lavender smell and saw the sparkling blue eyes.

You sat up abruptly, hitting your head on his.

"Ow!" He exclaimed, smiling a bit.

You pressed your hand to your forehead and glared at him. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I came to wake you up." Bill said a bit quieter. "Are you okay, Princess?"

"Don't 'Princess' me!"

"What?"

"Wait." You looked around your room, and this time you saw instead of just looking.

You were in your room. And everything was normal. You even had the same half full glass of water from the night before.

"It was a dream." You said under your breath.

"What was a dream?" Bill asked curiously.

"I... It was nothing. Just a nightmare." You thought for a second. "Hey, um... By any chance, is my mom some sort of queen?"

Bill blinked. "How'd you figure that one out?"

"Lucky guess? And, while we're at it, getting the rift back, it doesn't really matter what time we get it, right?"

Bill gave you a weird look. "Gee, Princess, you sure are asking a lot of weird questions. We got the rift yesterday, don't you remember?"

"What d'you mean?"

"We got it yesterday. It's in your drawer right here, safe and sound." He pointed to your nightstand.

You sat up and opened the drawer. Sure enough, the glass ball was sitting in your drawer, completely unharmed. The strange cosmic substance floated around as if it was a lava lamp.

"So it really was a dream?" You said, leaning back on the wall with a relieved sigh.

Though you didn't exactly remember getting the rift, that was the only thing that seemed off. But everything felt so real. It could've easily been something you just forgot.

"What'd you dream about?" Asked Bill.

"Like you don't know." You said sarcastically.

"Thought you'd wanna talk about it. Anyway, I'm hungry!"

You sighed and threw the covers aside. "Give me a second." You muttered as you sauntered into the bathroom.

Bill came in when you had your toothbrush in your mouth.

"Y'know, Princess..." He said, hugging you from behind. "I'd never betray you like that."

You looked up with a frown. "Okay." You said through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"You're not mad, right?" Bill rested his head on yours.

"Not unless you did something I'm not aware of..."

"No. You're perfectly aware of all I've done."

You rinsed off your toothbrush and headed out of your room. "You're getting cereal. Unless you want toast."

"I want the toast." He said.

You smiled to yourself, but then your smile faltered. "Funny thing, though. I don't really remember getting the Rift."

"You don't? Surprising. We had quite the run in with Six Fingers."

"What happened?" You questioned, approaching the kitchen.

"Well, we got behind the machine, then realized that we didn't make sure that he wasn't there."

"Are you serious?"

Bill hesitated. "You really don't remember?"

"I have an entirely different interpretation on how you got your Rift."

He watched you take out a plate after you put the toast in the toaster. "You really don't trust me, do you?"

"What?" You turned around. "No, I trust you. The dream was just so realistic. I could feel myself wrestling with Mable and I felt the wind blowing when that... Thing opened up in the sky. I remember everything so vividly, it's just strange to think I can't remember something that actually happened."

He hesitated a moment. "Okay." You looked into his blue eyes until he spoke again. "Then, after we got behind the door, and to Six Fingers, he was sleeping. We looked around and tried not to wake him up, but I accidentally knocked something over."

"That sounds like you." You took the toast out.

"He woke up, obviously, but in that short three second period when he was getting a good look at his surroundings, you somehow found it. We took it and ran."

You nodded. "But, did Ford come after us?"

"He chased us all the way back here until your dad had a word with him. Then he left."

"What? What if he comes back?"

"I don't think you'll have to worry about that, Doll." Your dad said, sliding into a chair next to Bill.

"Dad. You're up early." You said, putting Bill's toast in front of him. "How'd you sleep?"

"Didn't." He answered. "I was up all night finishing up on this huge project. Do you want me to make you something?"

"No, Dad, it's okay. You rest."

"I can't. Not until I finish this case."

"You need a break." You said. "Here, I'll make breakfast. You have a diverse selection of toast." You motioned to Bill's plate. "Or cereal."

"I think I'll take some cereal." He said with a smile.

You smiled, too and took out a bowl.

Once everyone had their expertly made breakfast, you all ate and talked. You managed to convince your dad to rest for the day and talked the boys into a Harry Potter movie marathon.

That took up the entire day, and by the time you went to bed, you were exhausted.

But everyone was okay and safe, and that made you completely happy.