End of the Day

You only let go of his hand when you had to climb up the ladder.

"I used to go up here all the time with Nate. That is until the guys started messing with us." When you reached the top of the water tower you didn't even bother to look down to see if Bill was following you.

You walked over to the edge, forgetting all about how unstable the tower was. "Isn't it amazing?"

Bill finally made it to the top. He seemed confused as to what was so amazing, but decided to go along with it anyway.

"Yeah." He nodded.

You laughed. "All the different colors."

You always admired Gravity Falls' sunsets. They were astonishing. Each time, the sky was painted differently, but each one was just as beautiful than the last.

"I just don't want the colors to change. Y'know, even if we can't find the rift and everything else changes..." You stopped, realizing what you were saying and then laughed a little. "That's stupid. I'm more worried about sunsets than my friends. Anyway, that's what we should be focused on. Getting the rift."

"We aren't supposed to talk about that, remember? You told me before you abandoned me in laser tag."

"I didn't abandon you. We just went our separate ways."

"And you didn't come find me until after you won."

"Okay, fine." You laughed. "If we can't talk about the rift, explain your nicknames. I get why Nate is Tattoos and why Dipper's Pine Tree. 'Cause of his hat. How come Mabel's Shooting Star?"

"She had on a sweater with a shooting star on it. Just like how your friend Soos has a question mark on his shirt."

"So he's called Question Mark?"

"Exactly!"

"So, why am I called Princess?"

"I'm surprised you haven't figured it out, yet. You're a smart girl."

"Tell me."

"I'll let you find out on your own. I like watching you think." Bill said, sitting down at the edge of the tower.

You sat down next to him, your feet dangling over. "Can you give me a hint?"

"Nope."

You sighed. "Fine. I don't need your hints anyway. I'm perfectly capable of finding out on my own."

Bill smiled. "Sure you can! And when you do you'll be in for a surprise."

"Don't spoil it." You looked over at him. "Anyway, why me? Out of all the people in Gravity Falls, why'd you choose me to help?"

"I knew I could trust you."

"How?"

When Bill didn't say anything, you looked to your right. He was watching you with the smallest smile on his lips.

"What?" You asked.

"Y'know, kid, I've never really realized how pretty you are."

Your eyes widened ever so slightly and you felt the crimson rising to your cheeks. "What?"

"Don't be embarrassed. It's a compliment, Princess."

"W-well yeah, but—"

"What would you do if I kissed you?" He asked.

"If yo—"

He cut you off by pressing his lips to yours. You tensed up until you melted into the kiss. You finally understood what people meant when they said that sparks flew. It felt like you were on top of the world, like you could do anything. It was like a hoard of butterflies were set free inside of your stomach.

The kiss was slow and sweet, like it was only you and Bill. It was only you and Bill. And you were on top of the water tower and the sun was setting. Everything was perfectly cheesy, like it was straight out of a movie. It wasn't long until he pulled back.

"Wh-what was that for?" You asked, looking up at him. Your cheeks were now a bright red.

He shrugged. "You're cute when you're flustered!"

If possible, you went even redder.

"It's a compliment!" He said again.

"Well... Yeah, I ju—"

"Just wasn't expecting it."

You started to smile. "Yeah."

Bill smiled, too, and placed his hand on top of yours. "I'll warn you better next time, promise!"

"Fair enough." You laughed, putting your head on his shoulder.

---
Does anyone know when Weirdmageddon III comes out? Is it this Monday or next Monday or a Monday in 2019?