Hiding and Seeking

"Who's that guy?"

Robbie eyed Bill as soon as the two of you approached the group.

"This is Zach." You smiled as Bill walked up next to you. "I hope you don't care if I brought him. I-I told Nate." You looked at your friend, who was giving Bill a rather strange look.

"Is that, like, a cousin or something?" Asked Lee.

"Boyfriend!" Bill explained, slipping his hand into yours.

You tried to hide the blush that rose to your cheeks as everyone looked at you. Even Tambry looked up from her phone.

"Uh... Yep. That's us. (Y/N) and Zach." You laughed nervously, standing on the balls of your feet. "So, hide and seek, are we gonna play that?"

"Wait, since when have you had a boyfriend?" Asked Wendy.

"Since a while." You answered, clearly apprehensive.

"I've never even seen this guy before." Nate said.

"Well, yeah. Dad said I could bring him to visit."

Thompson could sense the tension. "So, are we gonna play hide and seek, now?"

As if Thompson had some magical power, everyone stopped staring at Zach and you.

"Thompson's it!" Shouted Lee.

After that, everyone ran off in different directions. For a second, you and Bill stood completely still, your hand still in his. Then, you smiled, and took off, pulling him along.

"What's this game?" Bill asked as you ran.

"Hide and seek. It's simple, and pretty self explanatory. We hide, Thompson seeks."

"What happens if he finds us? Does he kill us?"

"No." You passed an Edgy On Purpose, knowing it would be an obvious place to look, especially for your friends. "We help him look for the others."

"Oh, then we kill the last one!"

"No. No one kills anyone."

"Then what's the fun in hiding?" He said with a small pout.

"Here." You dragged him into a Sears. "It's better to pick big stores rather than small ones because it's harder for people to find you."

You took your hand out of his and walked deeper into the store, past the refrigerators and lawn mowers and to the escalator where all the clothes were. Bill was quite fond of the 'moving steps' and wanted to give the 'magic box' a go, so for his amusement, you went up the escalator and down the elevator multiple times until an old lady told you to quit and get out. You refused to leave and risk getting found, so you and Bill quickly outran her and went back upstairs.

After a while of walking around, the two of you sat in front of the glass balcony that overlooked the entrance of the store. After texting Wendy and asking if she was found yet, you discovered that Thompson captured Lee, Tambry, and Robbie but she and Nate escaped.

"Four—"

"Of us left."

"Can you s—"

"Stop that?"

Bill found it entertaining to finish your sentences because your reaction was always funny to him. You'd either get freaked out or groan in exasperation.

"What's the point in talking to you?" You asked after your exasperated groan. "Since you can just—"

"Know what you're gonna say? Because I like talking to you, Princess! You're funny!"