Chapter 25

"So, it would appear that she has finally come into her powers."

"It would appear so yes."

"What do you intend to do about it?"

He turned to the other man "What do you mean?"

"Well, now that she is attuned to her magic, aren't you concerned?"

"No, why would I be?"

The other man was flustered "But, she will be able to sense us; know that we are following her and be able to protect the others."

He shook his head "She still has a lot to learn and I'm not worried about her being able to sense you."

"You aren't?"

"No, if anything I think this might play into our hands."

"How do you mean?"

"I'm not worried that she will be able to sense you, in fact I welcome it. It will put her on edge and force her to do things without thinking too much about them."

"Oh."

"Yeah, and she doesn't know enough about her powers to protect the others just yet."

"But what if someone trains her?"

"Like who?"

"Geoffrey or even Jacinta."

"Nonsense, Geoffrey won't want to reveal who he is just yet and Jacinta hasn't left her cottage in years. "

"But what if she does?"

"Then I guess we will have to take measures to ensure she doesn't, won't we?"

"So what do we do now?"

"We wait."

"For?"

"As soon as Sarah has recovered I'm sure Emerald will want to leave."

"So I guess there is nothing more I can do until they leave then."

"Just keep an eye on them and notify me when they leave town; though I don't think it will be too soon; it will take Sarah time to recover from the effects of the poison."

"Can I ask you something?"

"Isn't that what you are already doing?"

"What if Emerald had been struck by the arrow, as originally planned. Do you think Sarah would have realised she had the power to heal her?"

"I guess we will never know now will we. Now, shouldn't you be off to keep an eye on the girls?"

"Yes sir; I will let you know as soon as they plan to leave."

"Excellent" and with that he turned his horse back the way he had come whilst the other man made his way back to the seamstresses."Sarah, Sarah" Emerald raced through the dressmakers shop and out through the back to Sarah's bedroom. Finding it empty she called "Sarah, where are you?"

"We're in the kitchen Em."

Dashing to the kitchen Emerald was surprised to see Sarah sitting at the large kitchen table shelling peas with Julia. Geoffrey followed her in.

"Sarah – wow. How?"

"Not too sure actually," she grinned at her friend.

"We saw a flash of light" Geoffrey interrupted.

"Ah" Julia said "I didn't realise you would be able to see it outside."

"What happened? How?" Emerald gestured at Sarah