Sick Day

[A/N: Sorry for the shitty ending- I couldn't think of anything else to put. This one didn't take as long to write thankfully. Enjoy!]

~

~

~

"We'll be back in a few hours, Dipper!" I heard my sister Mabel call out. "I hope you feel better!"

Probably guessing I heard her, she, Candy, and Grenda were out the door.

I smiled to myself as I laid in bed. At least now it'll be quiet enough to get some rest. It sucks being sick, but I'll at least have time to myself.

I heard footsteps and looked towards the door to see Grunkle Stan peeking in through the door. He waved half heartedly as he stepped in and closed the door behind him.

"Hey kiddo," He greeted with a small smile. "Feelin' any better yet?"

I shook my head and put a thumbs down, since talking would hurt my sore throat.

"Still hurts too much to talk, eh?" He asked. I nodded. He looked at me sympathetically.

"Sorry to hear that...wish I had something here for ya to take, but I don't at the moment."

I smiled slightly, hopefully letting him know that it was okay. He seemed to understand.

"Okay, now I to run out and do a few errands. Think you'll be okay by yourself?"

I gave him an unamused look, to which he chuckled at.

"I know, I know. You're old enough to take care of yourself, but I was only asking seeing as how you're feeling the way you are..."

I waved my hands, motioning for him to stop. I gave a thumbs up and a small smile indicating that I'd be fine.

"Well, okay...hope you feel better, kid. I'll be back in a little while."

I nodded, watching as he closed the door on his way out.

All by myself...

I sighed softly in relief, enjoying the feeling of relaxation (which I don't get often what with Mabel and her friends always coming over, and Grunkle Stan yelling at the TV every once in a while).

I closed my eyes, intent on trying to get some sleep for once. It seemed like only a few minutes before I heard a noise. Shaking it off as something unimportant, I tried dozing off again.

A minute or so later, it felt as if someone were watching me. I tensed slightly, mentally groaning. I opened my eyes slowly, and looked to see none other than the dream demon himself, except in his human form. I jumped, and a surprised yell came out. I then held my throat, it hurting now more than ever. He let out a laugh.

"Woah Pinetree, what's got you so jumpy? It's just me." He said with a grin. I just glared, still holding my throat, rubbing it a little. He looked at me curiously.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked. I rolled my eyes a little. An idea popped into my head as I thought of a way to answer him.

'I'm sick' I thought, hoping he got it.

"Sick?" He asked. I nodded. "Why can't you just tell me yourself instead of thinking it?"

I let out a quiet but frustrated sigh. 'My throat hurts too much to talk. You scaring me like that and making me yell didn't help either.'

"Hey, it's not my fault you're so jumpy."

I growled mentally, which he must have gotten because he laughed again.