Dipper's Desolation

(A/N: I feel like the beginning/middle of this sucks since I wasn't really thinking too much about it
The way Dipper feels in this is basically how I was kinda feeling before writing it last night
I'm not feeling as down as last night though so that's an improvement for now)

(This is basically talking about depression and how it can make me, or other people, feel at times)

(If anyone knows the song Bill references towards the end I'll give you a cookie ^-^)

~

~

~  

"You okay, bro-bro? You seem kinda down."

"You know you can always tell me if there's something wrong, right?"

"You haven't left the the house, let alone your room. Maybe getting out will help you feel a little better."

"Oh, I know! We could maybe send you down with your Grunkle Stan for a while. Going to Gravity Falls seems to make you feel better."

It wouldn't hurt to try they said.

You'll feel like yourself in no time they said.

Spending some time away from home will make it better they said. It'll go away eventually.

Little did my parents and sister know, that haunting feeling that I felt at home in California seemed to follow me all the way to Oregon.

Grunkle Stan was already informed of the situation beforehand, so the moment I arrived he had Wendy and Soos come over to try to get me up and moving so I wouldn't immediately retreat to my room.

As soon as Wendy saw me, she gave a reassuring smile before giving a quick hug, also ruffling my hair a little. Trying to not feel annoyed at my friend, I snatched my hat back- placing it on my head once again. She didn't seem to notice the slight change in attitude- though if she did, she didn't mention it.

"Ready to go to the arcade?" She asked. I shrugged, not really feeling like giving a straight answer, but not wanting to be rude and ignore her altogether. Assuming she took that as an 'okay', she grabbed my wrist and dragged me outside to her truck she had gotten a few years back. Wordlessly, I opened the (slightly squeaky) door and stepped in, taking a seat next to Wendy, who seemed eager to get out of here as soon as possible.

On the way to the arcade, I leaned against the door as I looked out the window- watching the trees and buildings pass by as music played in the background.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The trip to the arcade seemed to be a bust, as the whole time we were there, I didn't make any kind of move from the entrance, instead choosing to stay in a shadowy area- leaning against a wall while watching Wendy. Though she tried to convince me to play, nothing she did seemed to work. Sighing, I looked down at my feet, and hoped that, soon, I would get to go back to the Mystery Shack and lock myself in my room like I planned to do when I first got here.

Knowing that she at least tried to get me to play something, she offered to take me home in what sounded like a dejected tone.

Before letting me out of the truck, she turned to give me one last hug, this one lasting longer than the last before letting go.

"I hope whatever's got you feeling down goes away soon, Dip. I don't like seeing you look so detached from everything." She placed her hand on my shoulder as she smiled slightly. "Feel better. For me, okay?"

Though still not answering, I nodded in response, forcing a small smile before exiting the truck and going back inside. As I opened the front door, I turned back to see a sort of sad look on Wendy's face before she disappeared from sight minutes later down the road.