If Life was a Funny Story

~Liam's POV~

     I walked the streets of London, and took a deep breath of air.  It was a month since my breakup with my girlfriend, and I needed space.  You'd think that with all of the fans surrounding me, I would never want a girlfriend, but I did.  It just so happened that the one I thought was mine forever broke my heart.  Her name was Kelly.  Blond and beautiful, Kelly wanted me from the first day we met.  I guess things went down hill from there.  

     I had gone away for a few months on tour, and when I came back with flowers to suprise her, I found her in our bedroom sleeping with my best-friend Drew.  I should have known.  But I thought I could fix things...  That she'd figure out how much I actually meant to her.  And that, just maybe, everything could work out. 

     I was fine. Absolutely fine.  It didn't bother me that she could have been moaning Drew's name in place of my own... or that I hadn't been with a girl at all in the past month.  Obviously I didn't care about her...

    "Liam?"  A voice asked.

    "Kelly?"  I responded, trying to ignore the feeling in my stomach.  I was ecstatic. I could actually talk to her after thirty-one days, six hours, and forty-three minutes.  Not that I was counting.  

    "Yeah, hey. How are you?"

    I realized that Drew was right next to her, holding her arm.

    "Drew," I said coldly.

    "Liam," he said in the same manner.

    "You remember Drew, right?"  Kelly asked.

    My ex-best friend... who also slept with my girlfriend of a year while I was on tour.  How could I forget?  "Yes."

    "So how is the famous life?" She asked, clueless to my inner struggle.

    "It's... great.  The boys miss you."

    "Well I miss them too."

    "Have you...  Have you..." I tried to ask her if she thought about the day that she broke me.

    "No," she replied, sensing my question.  

     I felt another piece of my heart crumble.  "Of course not."

    "Are you dating anyone?" Kelly questioned, leaning closer to Drew.

    "Yeah, actually.  It's going really well."

    "Oh?  That's fantastic.  What's her name?"

    "Uh..."

    "Daisy," a female voice said.

    Kelly turned toward the voice, and I saw her gasp.  Drew's eyes nearly popped out of his head so I thought that I better see who I was stuck with.  I did so and holy...  She was incredibly beautiful.  Red-brown hair with bright blue eyes and a body that any girl would kill for.

    "The name is Daisy... And you are?"  She came up to me, and linked her arm through mine.

    "I'm Kelly, and this is Drew" Kelly said.

    "Huh.  Well, it's nice to meet you."

     "Liam never mentioned me?"  Kelly asked Daisy.

     "Nope.  I'm sorry if you're someone I should know.  Who are you?"

     "Kelly and I used to date," I said.

     "So how did you and Drew meet?"  Daisy asked.

     "We..." Drew looked at me uncomfortably.  "We were at a party.  Kelly was dancing alone and I went up to her.  I guess we just hit it off."

     While her boyfriend was away on tour, I thought to myself.  "Oh were you?" I asked.

    "Yes," Kelly said.   She glared at me.

    Daisy saw my look of distaste.  "That's nice."

    "How did you meet Liam?"  Kelly asked, changing the subject.

     "We were walking in the park.  He was telling me a sob story where his girlfriend of a year slept with his best friend.  And then we had some awesome sex to make up for that.  It was great."  Daisy said this nonchalantly, and when I blanched, she just ignored me.

     Kelly looked disturbed.  "Oh, right...  Well, we should go.  There's a movie showing in ten minutes and we don't want to miss it."

      "Well it was just lovely to meet you," Daisy grinned.

      "You too," Kelly whispered.

      After the two of them had walked by, I looked aghast at Daisy.  "How did you know all of that?"  I asked, stunned.

      "It's part of my job."

       "What is your job?"

       "None of your business.  Now, if you'll excuse me."

       "Wait!  I...  I mean, thanks."

       "You're welcome."

        She walked off, and I shook my head.  I don't know how she knew, but it was perfect.  Kelly finally realized how much she had hurt me.  Now, I just needed her to see that she loved me and not Drew.  But you know what they say: one thing at a time.