I Should've Kissed You

~Liam’s POV~

        After Daisy and I drove the girls home, we were just driving around in the car.  Daisy looked at our hands that were still linked together.

        “What’s this all about?” She asked, gesturing to them.

        I shrugged.  “Nothing.”

       She didn’t comment about it for the rest of the night.  When we got back to my house, we walked in together.  She took her hand out of my grasp, and I didn’t know why I had such a hard time letting go.

       The next day, we went for a walk around London.  Daisy danced in the middle of the street, and I pulled her out of the oncoming traffic.

      “You’re going to kill yourself,” I yelled at her.

      “Live a little,” she giggled.

      We went to the London Eye, and after buying tickets, waited in line for our turn.

       “This is so cool,” Daisy laughed.  We were at the top of the Eye, and you could see everything from up there.

        “It’s a little high,” I said nervously.

        “Are you scared of heights?”

        “Not usually.  But I haven’t been up here in a long time.  It’s… higher than I remember.”

         She laughed long and hard.  “You’re ridiculous,” she managed. “You go to the London Eye when you’re scared of heights.”

         “I’m not scared!”

         “You totally are!”

         “Am not.”

         “Are too.”

         “I’m not going to argue with you.”

         “Fine, fine.  But you’re scared. It’s okay to admit it.”

         “I’m not scared.”

         “Whatever you say.” Daisy didn’t seem very convinced.

         After getting off the Eye, we aimlessly wandered the streets.

       “Where would you like to go?” I asked her.

       “Can we go see a movie?”

       “Sure,” I smiled. “Anything for you.”  I hadn’t meant it to be so… I guess, caring, but it came out that way.

       “Anything for me,” she turned it over in her mouth. “I like that.”

      “Well… Maybe not anything.

       We headed to the theaters and bought tickets to “Fast and Furious 6.”  Daisy refused to let me buy drinks and popcorn, insisting that I pampered her enough.  The two of us found seats in the middle of the theater and ate our food.

       “I’ve heard this is hilarious,” she whispered.

       “Same.  I’m excited.”

       “Me too.”

        As promised, the movie was hysterical. The general plot was that a man had been chasing a group of people across the globe.  These people were crazy good with cars, and attacked that way.  The man, Hobbs, had to catch the team of drivers that was causing all of these issues.  As Hobbs stated in the movie, “To hunt wolves you have to have wolves.”   So, he got a team of his own.

        Halfway through, Daisy put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep.  Even though I wasn’t sure how anyone could sleep through a movie with an insane amount of action, I just draped my jacket over her and continued to watch.  I tried not to realize how much I liked my current position.

       “Hey Dais, wake up.”  I gently shook her awake, and she rubbed the sleep out of her eyes.

        “Did I fall asleep?” She asked, embarrassed. 

        “Yes, but it’s okay.”

        “I’m so sorry!”

        “It’s fine, love.”  I said.  Both of us stopped in surprise when that word slipped out of my mouth.  Once again, I hadn’t meant to say it… 

        “All right then.”

        We walked out of the movie theater.  After arriving home, I climbed the stairs to go to bed.  Daisy followed me, and said,

        “I just wanted to thank you for being a great friend.”

        “I never did anything.”

        There was a pause in our conversation. I looked deep into her eyes and smiled.  Her eyes subtly traveled to my mouth.  Mine did the same to hers.  I leaned in.

        “I think we should get some sleep,” I interrupted.

        “Yeah,” She said as I shook off that strange wanting.  “Yeah we should.”

        I closed the door behind me.  Sitting on my bed, I pondered my thoughts about Daisy.  She was only a friend, right?  So why was I nervous around her all of a sudden?  Her smiles made my cheeks go red, and butterflies appeared in my stomach at the sight of her.  But I knew that I was in love with Kelly…

        The only thought that continued to run through my mind for the rest of the night was the fact that I should have kissed her.

        I couldn’t sleep at all.  In the middle of the night, I crept over to Daisy’s room and tiptoed in.