Truth of The Lies

~Liam's POV~

    I think that this should be a job...  keeping Louis out of the fountains and Niall away from street vendors.  We were about to head in yet another store, probably to get some chocolate, and I had to drag Harry away from a stray kitten.

     "Kitty!"  He yelled, pulling me in the opposite direction.

    "Chocolate!"  Niall chanted.

    I sighed, and muttered to myself, "I should just put you all on a leash."

    Zayn laughed.  He was the other person in this group who was just too relaxed to go crazy.  Until, of course, we went to a club.  The boys hoped to head to a local one today, and I was far from excited.  I knew how it would end up: Louis would be screaming at someone, Niall would be singing Irish songs, Zayn would be silent, and Harry would be kissing a girl.  I wished that I had someone to go with.  Maybe then, I'd actually have fun.  It was frustrating that I couldn't drink.  I didn't want to get drunk or anything, but having a bit of fun wouldn't be horrible.  And if I could find a sweet girl who would take my mind off of Kelly...  Wishful thinking.

     "Who called you during the interview?" Zayn asked, bringing me back to reality.

     "Daisy."

     He didn't say anything for a minute.  "How's Kelly?"

    "Kelly?"

    "Yeah.  She still with Drew?"

    I grimaced at the jerk's name.  "Unfortunately."

    "So, what's up with you and Daisy.  Just friends, or is there something else?"

   "We're really good friends.  She's kinda like one of my sisters."

   "You know her that well?"

   "No.  We actually just met, but it's really easy to talk to her."  What I didn't say was that it was practically impossible to get her to open up, but hopefully that could change.

    "It was nice that she came to say goodbye."

     "It was," I agreed.

      "You don't like her, not even a little bit?"

      "Zayn!"  I protested.  "You know when I'm lying.  And I'm not lying right now. Daisy doesn't mean anything to me as more than a friend.  She... She agreed to be my girlfriend when I was trying to get Kelly back.  That's all, okay?  We didn't even kiss."

       He looked at me and started to laugh.  "You've fallen for her."

      "No I haven't."

      "Alright," he said, shaking his head.  "You don't like her.  So how come when Harry wanted to meet her you got all protective?"

       "Because she shouldn't be used like that..."

       "That's bull."

       "What?"

         "Harry wouldn't use her.  He'd treat her like a princess.  As would any of us.  If we got a girl that we liked, we'd leave interviews to talk to her too."

         "Woah," I said, "You think that just because I wanted to make sure she was okay, I suddenly am in love with her?"

         "When she meets your mum, she's got you whipped."

         I looked down at the ground, not meeting his gaze.

        "She hasn't met your mum... right?" He asked.