Queen of Hell: Chapter 28: Sarah

When I wasn't throwing up, I looked at the last of the photos from Peaco. Allison was sitting in her car; nothing had changed. When he felt the call to return to hell, Peaco called Anton and confirmed what was required of him. Anton told him to come home, watching Allison was now pointless because we weren't living on the surface anymore.

If I could find any sadness at the moment, I might have found it with the thoughts that I'd never see Allison again. But then the crazy cackle laugh started one that made Anton look at me like I was deranged. Maybe I might be.

The crown was sitting on the table beside me, even though it wouldn't slip from my head, it was incredibly difficult to throw up with it getting in the way. Then again, being in a tight dress didn't make it any easier.

Anton handed me a cup of tea, one that smelled a little odd.

"As recommended by Catherine, soothing tea."

Felhar appeared at the doorway, clearing his throat.

"My lord, Elstrach is here."

"Excellent, send him in."

When Felhar had left, Anton picked up the crown and put it back onto my head.

"Do not doubt the difficulties of a seer Sarah, he is a cantankerous old coot, but he is also one for tradition."

"I don't know your traditions, Anton."

"You are doing fine my love, just be who you are. I was referring to the crown."

Oh. I guess that's alright then.

"I wondered when you would call for me."

I turned to the deep voice of a man that stood at the threshold of the door. Anton said old coot yet I was looking at one rather young man. He looked no older than me. The waif figure in an elegant suit crossed the room, bowing with a sardonic smirk. But aside from the handsome looks and the expensive looking suit, there was one rather freaky thing about Elstrach. Pure white eyes. They were healthy looking eyes except the iris was white, and it looked weird. Anton didn't seem fazed, so I ignored my thoughts and pretended that I wasn't staring at him.

"Congratulations on completing the trinity."

"Pardon?" Anton asked with a mighty frown.

"That is why you called me, is it not? The child makes three, the trinity of hell."

Elstrach sighed and helped himself to the seat opposite us.

"You know for the ruler of hell I would have thought you'd know your dominion."

"I know it well enough," Anton growled.

"And yet you are not aware of the power of the Trinity."

The tone of his voice was smooth as silk, sliding through the soft pink lips with little effort.

"I read the seers notes of his vision of the child."

He nodded supremely, crossing one leg over the other as he leaned back in the seat. The pensive gaze watched me as he rubbed his finger under his bottom lip.

"Ah, a seer of the future. Rather dull in my opinion."

Anton sighed softly as he leaned to my side.

"Elstrach is a seer that can see as he pleases. The past, the present or the future, there is nothing beyond his reach."

"I can also see what will happen with each decision that a person makes."