Chapter 10

Jake's P.O.V

Well Jesy and I are over and I feel like I've lost a piece of my heart. I need to find a way to get her back. I've thought of a plan. I'm going to call Perrie and ask her to keep an eye on Jesy, and then I'll call Jess Glyne and ask her to pretend to date me. I'll explain to her about me and Jesy, and since they're good friends, she'll probably say yes. I hope she does.

I pick up the phone and dial her number.

Hello? JESS
Hi Jess, it's Jake. JAKE
Oh, hi Jake, how's Jesy? JESS
We umm... broke up. JAKE
What? But you two were so cute together! JESS
Well that's sort of what I'm calling for. I need a way to get her back and I was wondering if you could pretend to date me so that Jesy will want me back. JAKE
Jake, I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it. JESS
Please Jess, JAKE
Okay, fine, but it may not work. JESS
Thank you so much, Jess! JAKE
So, first we'll need to think of cute nicknames for each other. JESS
Okay, how about, you call me... JAKE
I'll call you something really lame, like honeybunches or sweetypie JESS
Okay, honeybunches sounds good. And I'll call you sweetypie. JAKE
Okay, sounds cool. JESS
Shall we make a date night or something? JAKE
Okay, how about Thursday nights. JESS
Okay. JAKE
I have studio time with the girls on Thursday so, how about you phone me loads during it and then collect me afterwards then we can go on out 'fake date'. JESS
Okay, cool. I'll ask what time to collect you by phone when you're there. JAKE

**THURSDAY**

Jess's P.O.V

I'm in the studio with the girls and Thalia (Jesy's daughter) and Jake keeps phoning me. The girls have asked who it is, but I've just told them it's my boyfriend. I told them his name was Jake, and luckily none of them asked his surname. I really don't think this will work, but Jake convinced me. Jake just called me to ask when to collect me, and I said now, so we're just waiting for him to get here.
"Hey Jess," Pez says. Jesy's in the little room recording her part.
"Yeah," I say.
"What's Jake's surname?" She says.
"Okay, well he's Jake Roche, but he's not really my boyfriend. He's pretending to go out with so that Jesy will want him back." I decide to tell them. "But don't tell Jesy that he's not my boyfriend, please." They nod and say yes. "And tell me if she says anything to you about him." They nod again. I notice Jake get here. Pez, Leigh and Jade see him too. I take a deep breath and wave goodbye to Jesy, while saying goodbye to Pez, Leigh and Jade. Jesy smiles and nods goodbye, then looks over to Jake. Her smile drops and she stops singing. I give her a sorry look, whisper "No telling," to the others, and leave, holding hands with Jake.

"I told Pez, Leigh and Jade that we're faking, but they won't tell Jesy." I say to him as we leave. We get in the car and I notice Jesy crying and running to the girls' car, followed by the other three.
"They're following us," I say as we set off.
"Good." Jake says. "By the way, I decided, we're going to go to where Jesy and I went to on our first date."
"That may not be the best idea." I say, but Jake doesn't hear me.

We get to the destination and walk into the restaurant. Jake says something to a waiter and he leads us to a table for two in the corner. I look at the door and see Pez, Leigh and Jade walk in. They get a table next to us, but Pez and Leigh have their backs to us. Jesy and Jade can see us though. I look at Jesy but don't let her see me. She looks hurt and you can clearly see she's been crying a bit. I feel really bad, but really it's helping Jesy and Jake get back together.