Chapter 23

Jesy's P.O.V

It's been two months since Thalia met Jade, Joseph and Jonathan. I'm now five months pregnant. I've been feeling pain in my stomach since last month and I'm not sure what it is. Jake's taking me to the hospital to get it checked up. He said it's the best idea. We arrive at the hospital and Jake helps me in. They take us straight through to the ultrasound and put the cream on my stomach. The take the ultrasound and show us the picture. I see another little bean-shaped thing next to the baby's body.
"What's that?" I ask, pointing to it.
"Well, that's what's been causing you all of this pain. It's another heart." The doctor says. I look at Jake and he looks at me. I have a strange feeling in the back of my throat. "That..." She points to the bean-shaped heart, "...Is another baby. You're having two babies. But they're not twins. They'll just be five months apart." I feel like my heart stops. I'm having two babies? That means I'll have three children by the time I'm 25!
"Do you know their genders?" I ask.
"I know the five month old one's gender. Shall I tell you?"
I look at Jake. He nods at me.
"Yes please," I smile.
"Well, your baby is going to be a girl!" The doctor tells us. Jake leans down and hugs me and I hug him back.
"Do you have any other children that were born in the last five years?" I shake my head. "Do you have any other children at all?" I nod.
"One daughter." I say.
"How old is she?"
"She's eleven." I tell her.
"That may not have been so good. How old were you when you had her?"
"I was fourteen." I say. The doctor nods.
"Well, that won't have helped with these two children. There may be a couple of problems with delivering the babies, but nothing we can't handle!" She smiles. I try to smile back, but I can't. I can only think about what's happening. I'm 24 and by the time I'm 25, I'll have three children. This is mad. I can't look after two babies and have the job that I have! There'll be no time and I'll be exhausted. I can't think straight.