Chapter 24

Leigh-Anne's P.O.V

So, Jesy called Jade, Perrie and me over to her house because there's something she needs to tell us. I don't know what it is though. We get there and Jesy opens the door. She looks worried.
"Are you okay?" Perrie asks, stopping. Jesy nods. We walk on to the lounge and sit down.
"Well, as you all know, I'm pregnant, but there's something else. Umm... as you know I've had loads of pain in my stomach, so Jake took me to the hospital and they said that I was having two babies!" She exclaims.
"What, twins?" Jade asks.
"No. One of them is five months younger than the other." She says. Without warning, Jesy starts screaming very loudly. Jake puts his arm on her back and she leans on his chest.
"Shhh..." Jake says, putting his arm around her and kissing her.
"Should we go?" I ask awkwardly. Jake nods and waves an awkward goodbye. We walk out the room and all go back to my house. We walk in and sit on my bed.
"Guys, I'm worried for Jesy. How's she gonna look after two new born babies and commit to the band?" I ask.
"She's in a lot of pain too," Jade says.

Jake's P.O.V

Jesy's just screaming and leaning on me.
"Take me to the hospital!" She yells, so I do. We get there and Jesy is rushed away. I don't see her or hear anything of her for two hours, then someone comes out.
"Are you Jake Roche?" He asks. I nod. "Follow me." I follow him and he leads me down twisting corridors to a small room with one hospital bed on it. On the bed, I see Jesy, lying there, still as a statue. Her eyes are closed and her face is pale.
"What happened?" I ask.
"Well, she was getting pain because the smaller baby couldn't breathe because she was having trouble growing them both. We took an ultrasound and the results said that the baby was dead. I'm so sorry." The doctor says before walking away. He comes back after a minute. "I just looked at the second ultrasound again, and it appears that there are four new babies," A smile spreads across my face.Then it turns into a frown.
"Wait, so the younger ones are triplets?" I ask. The doctor nods. "Why is she so pale? And why isn't she awake?" I ask. I'm starting to get a bit worried.
"Well, she's pale because due to having four babies instead of one or possibly two, which is the expected amount of babies for a human to have at once, her blood isn't circulating correctly, so that's making her very pale and weak. And she's not awake because she's in a coma. It's only a minor one, so she will wake up within a week and then she'll be alright." The doctor finishes. "I'll leave you alone," he walks out of the room. I sit down on the chair next to the bed and hold Jesy's hand.
"Did you hear that? We're having four babies. That means you'll have five children, Jesy! Five! I love you. And I promise I'll love our family more than anything in the world..." I say. I wish she would wake up.

Jesy's P.O.V

"...and I promise I'll love our family more than anything in the world. Do you want me to call Pez, Jade and Leigh?" I can hear Jake asking. I think he said something before that, but I didn't hear. I want to smile and shout 'yes!'. I want to laugh and talk. I want to live my life as if tomorrow is the last day, but in this case, tomorrow could be my last day, and I have to spend it laying on a hospital bed listening to my Jake crying and speaking to me. I feel him let go of my hand and a few seconds later, I hear him on the phone.

"Jade?...Yeah, well, she's in hospital...I know...tell Pez and Leigh to come too?...Okay, bye," he says. Then he sits back down holding my hand.

A few minutes later, Perrie, Leigh and Jade run in. Jake stands up and hugs them.
"What's happened?" Perrie asks. I hear Jake sniffle.
"Well, she was having pain, as you know, so I took her to the hospital. They took and X-Ray and then an Ultrasound, and nothing came back from X-Ray, but something came back from the Ultrasound. We're not having two babies, we're having..." Jake's interrupted by someone coming to the door.
"Jake Roche?" They ask. I hear footsteps walking out of the room.
"Shall I go and get Thalia from her school?" Perrie asks.
"Yeah, she deserves to know." Leigh says.
"Wait, Jake didn't tell us why she's all pale and she's asleep." Jade says.
"I go ask." Perrie says. I hear her walking towards the door. She comes back in a couple of minutes.
"Well?" Jade asks.
"She's in a coma," Perrie says. Them I hear her walking away.

Thalia's P.O.V

I'm just sitting in my maths lesson at school when the door opens. I look over and see Perrie. My teacher tells me to go over so I do.
"Yeah?" I ask. Perrie pulls me outside the room.
"Thalia, Jesy's having four babies and now she's in a coma" Perrie says.
"What?" I feel tears running down my cheek. Perrie sighs. She puts her hand on my cheek and wipes away the tears with her thumb.
"I know, I know," she comforts me, pulling me in for a hug. I wrap my arms around her as she wraps hers around me. We pull apart and she tells me to go and get my stuff so that we can go and see her. I walk in with tears running down my cheek.
"What happened?" My friend asks.
"Mum's in a coma," I say, before walking out of the room.

After a while, we arrive at the hospital. Perrie leads me down row beyond row of corridors and rooms, before we get to the room that Mum's in. I run in and run straight to Mum. I run to her side and wrap my arms around her.
"Mum!" I cry. I want her to wake up! I want her to wake up and tell me everything's gonna be alright. But she won't.