Chapter 8

We're just about to go on to the Ellen Show. Thalia and Jake are waiting in my dressing room. I really hope they get along! I don't want to have to chose between them! Thalia's my daughter but Jake's gonna be my husband.

We walk out and sit on the red sofa.
"Hello!" Ellen says.
"Hi!" Leigh, Perrie and Jade say at the same time. Ellen asks us some questions about the new album (Get Wierd) and some more personal questions which Leigh, Prrie and Jade don't mind answering, then she comes to me.

"Jesy, I hear in the news that..." I know what's coming. Thalia. "...you have a daughter, is that true?"
"Umm... Yeah, it's true." I say. I might as well tell people, or they'll get more suspicious.
"WOW!" Ellen says. "So you're twenty-four, right?" I nod. "And how old is your daughter?"
"Just turned eleven." I say. I'm starting to get a bit uncomfortable.
"WOW! So, thirteen?" I know what she means. She means was I thirteen when Thalia was born.
"No, fourteen." I say aloud, and then mumble, "I was raped." Unfortunatly, she hears me.
"You were what?" She asks.
"It doesn't matter." I say.
"Okay, and is your daughter..." She wait a for me to say Thalia's name
"Thalia." I clarify.
"Thalia. Is Thalia here?"
"Yeah," I say.
"Let's bring her out! Come on Thalia!" Ellen says, motioning for Thalia to come out. Thalia comes out and sits in between me and Perrie. (In the middle)
"Hi!" Ellen says.
"Hi!" Thalia says cheerfully.
"What's it like being the daughter of an international superstar?" Ellen asks.
"Amazing! When I found out, the first thing I said was 'shut up!' and then I walked back in side the house." Thalia says. The audience laughs.
"Wait, so, you didn't know that Jesy was your mother?" Ellen asks. Thalia shakes her head as if to say 'I didn't know she was my mother'. Ellen looks at me as if to say 'why didn't she know?'.
"Well, I was only fourteen, I couldn't look after her, so she had to be adopted when she was a month old. I thought she would be told and stuff, and when I called to ask about her, her foster-mother pretended she didn't know who Thalia was." I say.
"What?!" Ellen asks. "So, she pretended not to know about Thalia?" I nod.

Ellen keeps asking personal questions and not including Leigh, Jade or Perrie. She just keeps asking and asking.
"Please stop." I say. Ellen obviously hears but just ignores me. I feel like I'm going to start crying. Suddenly, I just stand up and walk off.
"Mum!" Thalia shouts.
"Jesy!" Jade, Leigh and Pez shout. I feel tears running down the sides of my cheeks as I walk briskly to my dressing room. I open the door to see Jake kissing someone. I'm not sure who it is. My heart hurts. I feel sick. I wanna go home. I run to the bathroom and lock the door. Then I sink down and sit against the door. And I cry.