Chapter 5: HE DID WHAT?

"Have you ever had a weird dream?" I asked Ben cautiously while we were walking on the tourney feild.

"What about?"

"Just anything."

"You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"No crazyer than me."

"I had a dream where I was on the Isle of the Lost, and I fell in this hole. Then this pretty, blonde haired, green-eyed girl helped me out of the hole. Before I could ask her who she was, she walked away. I'm starting to think that the girl was you, Mal."

We were silent for about 30 seconds before Ben said, "Did you have a crazy dream as well?"

"You're gonna think I'm crazy."

"No crazyer than me." Ben said, stealing the words out of my mouth.

"I was in Auradon having a picnic at an enchanted lake. Sitting across from me was an annoyingly handsome guy. Every time I asked him who he was all he said was 'I'm you're friend.' The thing is though, the guy looked like you."

We were quiet for another minute or so, before I came up with the courage to say "Do you think that it means anything?"

"I'm going to say yes. Mal, stop." We both came to a stop when Ben grabbed my hands.

"I know that this is going to sound crazy, and I know that we just met yesterday, but I want to ask you something. Do you want to go out on a date tomorrow night? I know that it sounds crazy, but why delay the inevitable, right?"

I was stunned. No one has ever shown any intrest in me. But Ben does, and it suprised me so much, I thought you could physically see my head exploding. So I said the only thing I could think of. "Yes, I will go out on a date with you. But we have to keep it a secret."

"I agree." He got so excited afterwards that he said "I'll see you tomorrow," and ran back to the dorm. While I stood on the tourney feild and replayed what happend in my mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I saw Ben later that night. He was sitting alone at a table during dinner. My friends had already eaten, and apparently so have Ben's. I walked over and said "This seat taken?" His response was "Only by a pretty girl." I started walking away when Ben said "I mean you Mal." So I sat down and started eating.

All of a sudden, I felt someone tugging on my hair, which I wore in a ponytail today.

"Ben, what are you doing?"

"I just want to see something."

"Okay, whatever."

"Why do you do that?"

"Do what?"

"Act negatively."

"I just do. So what."

"It wouldn't kill you to act more positively."

"I'll keep that in mind. OWW! Ben, what are you doing!"

"Stay still."

When Ben was done with,whatever he was doing with my hair, my hair was tumbled on my sholders. I could feel it.

"Okay, turn around."

I did as he asked and turned around. His mouth was wide open after I turned around.

"What are you looking at?"

"You. I mean you looked pretty before, but with your hair down, you look amazing. I can't really describe how how amazing you look with your hair down."

I was in complete silence. No one has ever called me pretty, much less amazing looking. I wonder what Ben saw in me that others don't.

"I have to go back to my dorm before Doug starts to worry. See you tomorrow."

"Bye."

He went back to the dorm.

Because I didn't know how to handle this, I called Annabeth.

"Who is this?"

"Hey Anna. How are you?"

"Fine, why are you calling? I'm only asking because you've never called before"

"Something just happened and I don't know how to handle it. So I thought 'Who can I talk to about this who won't overreact' I automatically thought you, Annabeth. I would've called Percy, but I can't talk to him about girl stuff."

"You do know that I'm listening, right Mal." Oh shoot Percy's listening!

"Hey Percy."

"We're getting off topic. What's going on?" Annabeth.

"A guy may or may not has called me cute and this said guy may or may not has asked me out on a date tomorrow."

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME! Mal, that's great news! Hold up. He called you cute!" Annabeth.

"Wait, why is this a problem!" Percy asked.

"Because, I don't know how to react to any of this."

"All I can say is to be yourself." That's Annabeth's response.

"I agree." That's Percy's response.

"Okay, thanks for the help. Was I interpreting anything?"

"No, we were just paried up for an interschool project. We can't come up with any ideas though. If you come up with any art ideas, call us please." Annabeth.

"Okay, sure. Bye."

"Bye." Percy and Annabeth.

When I hung up, I thought about what Percy and Annabeth said as I walked to my dorm. Trying not to freak out.