Ch. 7-The Enemy

Karlie's Point of View

    I woke back up at noon. My body was killing me and my teeth felt like they where too big for my gums. I walked to the bathroom and knocked on the door.

    "Rae's in here." I heard from the other side of the door.

    "Hey Rae? Do Vampires, You know, Pee?" I didn't feel the urge to pee I just wanted to take a shower. I felt sticky and sweaty and I could smell myself, I smelt like vinegar and salt. It was gross. I heard sniffing and then a clang.

     The door swung open and I seen Rae's Fangs where out and she had a tooth brush in her hand. "No. Ugh god. But damn they do take showers."

    She walked back to the sink and rinsed her mouth and tooth brush putting it in the holder and walking out. I looked around and found my bag by one of the couches.

   I ran over to grab my bag and heard soft laughter from the kitchen. I groaned turning a little too fast. I clenched my teeth and that hurt even worse. My gums where on fire. Leaning over I opened my bag and grabbed a black bra with purple stripes, some black booty underwear, skinny jeans with wholes in the knees a regular black tank top, and my jean blazer. Still bent over I tucked my tooth brush and tooth paste in with my cloths and stood up very slowly.

I walked over to the bathroom and closed the door behind me. I had so much running through my head. As I undressed I took $16 and my phone out of my pockets. I set the money on the sink and decided to look at my phone. I noticed myself staring at a message from my mom. I didn't want to read it but decided to anyway.

   " Karlie I left your father I'm with uncle Mark and aunt Julie now. Please come to there place. We all think we should talk. I'm so scared for you. And I'm hoping your alright. I'm so sorry about yelling at you. I was just so mad at your father for what he did. The house is his now and I'm gonna look for a small apartment please come back Karlie. We all love you. And Happy Birthday honey.
          Love Tanya."

    I put my phone down and felt the tears forming in my tear ducks. How could I forget about my own birthday. I missed my own 20th birthday yesterday. But I was right all along. I was going to be out of there on my birthday. I slightly smiled to myself but I don't know if the tears where because I missed her already or because I was happy she finally got out of there. I couldn't help but wonder why "love Tanya" was at the end of this message and not "love mom".

     Pain shot through the back of my head and straight down my back as I felt lightheaded and grabbed the sink.

    What is all of this. I know I agreed to this life but when will the pain end. I hopped in the shower and turned the water on a blasting hot. I washed up the best I could, washing off the guilt of leaving my mom alone with him, washed off the pain that I was in and all the thoughts running through my head. I just brushed my teeth while I was in the shower too.

    I hopped out of the white claw foot tub and got dressed and stuffed my money in my pockets. I picked up my phone and reread my moms message over and over. I wondered what she was going to talk to me about and I was at a loss of words to her so I just typed out "okay and thank you ill see u soon."

     Would I be able to tell her I was a vampire now. Did she already know about me? I had to go to Mark and Julie's and get all of this straightened out.   Walking out to my bag with my dirty clothes. I put those in the bag and grabbed my makeup. Walking back to the bathroom to put it on and to shave.

After I was all done showering, shaving and doing my make-up I walked into the kitchen to see Laurent, Rae, and Christie. They all had beers in there hands. I looked up to the clock, it was still early but I guess this was normal for them.