Ch. 5- The Change

Christie's Point of View.

      Karlie gave Rae and I a look of hate. She gulped the whole cup and then dropped it and fell out of the chair. She was shaking violently.

      "RAE WHAT'S HAPPENING? IS SHE SUPPOSED TO DO THIS?" I screamed at Rae, being so scared for Karlie. I knelt down next to her and held her face so she wasn't smacking it on the roof.

      "Yeah. She's fine." Rae stood, picking Karlie up with both hands. Being a vampire ment super strength speed and more that the vampire had as a gift. Rae's gift was the vision like my Nanna. She could see the past and the future. If something happens in one of her visions that is most likely to come true and if it is a bad thing, its up to our group to change it.

     "Open the shoot." She said to me.  Grabbing the handle to the hatch that opened up to the attic, Rae carefully walked down the steps with my best friend. I looked over at Laurent who was waking up and ran to him. Staring into his handsome eyes I just knew he was the one.

     "Hello, my beautiful." He reached up and moved my hair from my face.

      "How are you feeling my love?" I questioned as he smiled and nodded his head in response. I had met Laurent when I moved in with my Nanna after the fire. He was working on her jeep, which is now mine.

Flashback:

    "Damn this stupid thing!" Nanna yelled as she kept trying to start her jeep that set in the garage but the engine wouldn't turn over. She has a two bay garage that leads into the house.

     "Can't you call someone and hire them to help. You can't keep stressing yourself out over this piece of junk Nanna." I have been trying to get her to hire someone for weeks now but she keeps saying no.

     "No honey. The young man down the road helped me last week. Go into the kitchen there is a card on the fridge with a number and a name that says Laurent. Bring it to me "

     I ran inside and found the little card with the name and number on the big silver metal fridge. It had a clip art sticker of a steering wheel on it. I grabbed the wireless telephone and ran them both back out to my grandmother. After trying a couple more times she cussed and then dialed Laurent's number to come help. Only a half hour had past when I seen a green dodge Durango pull into the driveway.

     "Go fetch some lemonade dear. Our guest is here." My Nanna gave me a huge smile that touched her eyes as I smirk back and turned to walk to the house.

     I didn't pay no mind to anything as I grabbed the vase of lemonade and three glasses. As I walked outside, the jeeps hood was up and I could hear a man. His voice deep but calming speaking something about the battery and how she needed a new one but he could jump it for now and get her a new one by next week.

       I poured two glasses of the sweet juice, set the picture of lemonade down on the wrack on the wall and started walking to the front of the jeep. I was thinking about my mom and Abby being that it had only been a month since the fire. I was paying no attention to where I was going when I ran into a very stiff body right next to the driver side door. I heard a smash and looked down to see I had dropped both glasses.

        "Oh man." I bent down to pick the glass up when I heard his voice the second time. His voice was thick with a southern accent.

     "I am so sorry, please let me help you ma'am." I looked up to meet the most amazing green eyes and long brown dread locks. I instantly fell inlove with Laurent.

End of flashback.

      I put his arm around my shoulders while grabbing Karlie's Stuff and went to the hatch door and down the makeshift attic stairs. When I got into the apartment struggling with Laurent as he couldn't walk right yet. As I set him on the couch I heard screaming from the kitchen.