Chapter 22- Lost And Found.

My eyes failed to open as a tiny shingle of sun escaped the window beaming into my face. I fought against the hard cold floor as I lifted my sore body to sit up. My clothes had been torn, dirty, bloody, and felt heavy on my body from the cold sweat during my chloroformed sleep. Looking around, I notice bars that had been directly in front of me. The window also had bars running horizontally across the glass.  The walls had been falling apart and little pieces of stone and concrete had been falling as I woke. A gasp escaped my lips when I glance over at a lifeless Raelyn laying on the dirty cement floor. 

           "Rae." My voice cracked in my throat from the dust making my throat sore and dry. My body crawled over to hers, putting my hand on her shoulder, her clothes also torn and ragged. I shook her vigorously as I repeated her name. A minute or two had passed when her eyes flickered open, her body jumps backwards as she starts to freak out.

      "Karlie? Where are we? Where's Liam and the rest of them?" She stood from where she was sitting, leaving me alone on the cold concrete floor. I watch as she walks fast from me to the steel bars, grabbing onto them and then letting go as smoke comes from her palms, burning her. 

       "Liam! Liam! Wake up!" She screams as she bangs against the bars, not worrying about the cold metal burning her fists. Across from our cell was another barred in cell that had Liam, who was sitting against the wall with chains around both legs. Adrian was laying right next to him just staring at the ceiling. Had he been awake all along? Laurent was also standing against the bars not being burned at all from the mysterious metal. He turned around to look at Rae.

       "He's been out for hours, you all have. Stop banging on the bars you will just keep burning yourself. Karlie, how are you feeling? Are you alright?" Adrian spoke in concern as he stood up from the gloomy floor and walked over to the bars to look at me. His face still handsome as he had a cut above his eyebrow that was plastered with dry blood. His eyes still the bright emerald green. I was falling for him more and more each day.  In response I nodded my head and walked over to stand with Rae, my mind wondered as I realized Christie was nowhere to be seen. I searched every cell I could manage to see but still no sign of her. 

     "Guys, where is Christie?" My question had a sense of fear as I had looked at Laurent who kept his gaze away from me. 

     "She has her." He spoke darkly as his face turned red in rage. 

     "Ok. We can get out of here guys. We just have to put our heads together, we get out of here find Christie and make a run for it." I reply with panic in my voice.

     "OH! YEAH! Like that's really gonna work Karlie!" Rae snapped at me in disturbance. By this point my anger had started to boil. I was only trying to find a way out of here and she had to have a comeback for everything. I was fed up with trying to help and getting put down. I've had enough of that from my father.

     "Do you have a better Fucking idea Rae, because last I checked you weren't helping much by screaming at your boyfriend!" My eyes had started to burn as I retaliated towards Rae. Her face shocked as she leaned against the bars in defeat.

     "I'm sorry," She apologized as I gave her a sad look and apologized with a quick hug. 

     "I have an idea." Adrian spoke as he looked at me and Rae with a smile.

    "Laurent, you can mend the earth, they don't know your power so they didn't strap you down. They chained Liam because they know he has strength from seeing him shape into his wolf form. They will probably be back for another one of us so we need to think quickly. Can any of you use your powers in here?"I looked at Adrian with a huge smile as I repeated a spell to wake Liam and revive him to full strength. This was just a small test to see if I could use my abilities.