Ch. 12- Caves, Clyde, and Concoctions

"Are you ready?" Rae interrupted my silence with the beating rays gleaming through the window. As they hit my face I could feel the warmth of the sun soaking into my cold skin.

     "Yeah, just a little nervous I guess. I've never met a troll before." I walked from the window to the door as Rae put on a pair of wrangler work boots. Walking out of the house felt nice, it has been a little chilly lately and today was perfect.

     Rae and I both started jogging toward the lighthouse. I had the pulling urge again but ignored him when I seen his bright blue eyes. He was sitting on the beach calmly running his hands through his hair. His smirk charming and endearing. Rae stopped in front of me, making me bump into her shoulder as she turned to look at the man who was 10 feet in front of us.

    Within seconds Rae was right in front of him. She shook him with both hands grasping onto his shirt as she  and yelled before letting go Letting him nod his head in response and saying something back with a flirty smirk on his face. Rae shook her head in defeat and rolled her eyes as she turned and started walking back to me.

   "What was that about?" I asked as I walked with her in the direction of the ocean again.

    "He's really pissing me off, like we can't even go somewhere without him stalking us." She started to run again and I followed like a lost puppy not knowing what to say. He has been stalking us since I met him in the woods.

    We ran through many trees and up a steep bank.  The trees waved to as us the wind got strong up on the mountain. I took a glance down as I watched the ocean smack against the rocks below.  My fear wasn't falling. It was the fact that if any rock shifted, the many others above would shift and possibly crush us. Walking along the jagged rocks that led to Clyde's cave, we crouched and maneuvered through the thick, massive boulders.

     "Is he a big troll?" I asked as I stepped from one rock to a semi smaller one. Finally making conversation.

     "Well, he doesn't look like a troll really. However, he is pretty big. He sorta looks like a walking lizard."

Before she could say anymore my foot slipped off from the tiny rock. My body started to lean to the left as I tried to catch my balance. I spun and started to fall from the couple hundred feet cliff. The rocks and waves beginning to get closer as I had stopped breathing. My brain completely blank.

    "Karlie!" I heard Rae scream as I was falling. Adrenaline barely hitting me as I watch a huge pointed rock heading straight for my face and the ocean splashing against the shore. Instantly I closed my eyes waiting for the smash to my body when everything stopped as my stomach hit a big hard surface.

     After about two minutes of not opening my eyes I felt the hard object that was holding me in mid-air. Was it an arm? It felt silky and tough and had three long spikes on the top facing away from me. I turn my head slowly toward the creature holding me up.

     When my eyes met the creatures, my jaw dropped. A man's body style, his body was gray, almost a blue. His face had wrinkles looking like gills from a fish. His nose was short and wide, almost as if a mix of a pig and a alligators. He started to snort, but I could tell by the way it sounded it was laughter.

     "Should watch your step around here young miss. Things could end badly if you make a wrong step." He spoke in deep gurgling words I could hardly understand, as he put me back on my feet, on a semi flat rock. I balanced myself up and brushed off my sweater. Adrenaline running through my veins as I shook.

    Rae's laughter was heard in the background as I stared and watched as this creature laughed with her. Showing two rows of small, sharp teeth.