Chapter 1: Bad Girlfriend

The man on the bicycle drives into the parking lot of the small pub, puts his bike in park and removes his helmet. He takes his keys out just as a voice is heard behind him," armageddon is coming".

The man on the bicycle looks at the sick middle aged man, and shakes his head," tell armageddon it can kiss my ass".

The stranger starts coughing, and almost pukes something out as he looks back at the bicyclist," be careful, young man."

The man on the bike walks past the sick man, patting him on his back," you take care", as he watches the man disappear into the shadows, then he turns around just as his jaw almost drops.

A man, bloody gushing out of his mouth, and eyes, stares back at him, almost moaning something as he can sense the hunger inside him.

"What the hell is going on?" The bicyclist watches as it charges at him, he pushes the man off of him, then runs as he quickly takes out a pocket knife from his pants, then gets ready as it runs at him again. He sidesteps and watches it run into the building next to the pub and stabs it in the head, putting pressure on the knife as it sinks deeper into the skull.

The bicyclist watches the man fall down, dead," guess this flu is more dangerous than expected", he checks the man's pockets and steals his money, watch and a cigarette pack, then disappears into the pub.

                                                                          2 HOURS LATER

"I think you've had enough" the bartender tells the man.

Francis looks up at the bartender, and smiles," enough you say? Hell, I don't even feel a buzz yet."

The reporter comes onto the television screen, 'calling it the 'green flu'. It looks like it all started in............."

Francis looks back at the bartender," this will all be over quick, just like that swine flu a few years back" he finishes up his glass," another, please".

"It started two days ago" an old man sits down on the stool next to him," one of my good friends, Johnny got sick with it. He went to the hospital, but they couldn't really do anything about it. It's like nothing they've ever seen before".

"It'll all be over, just watch" Francis says to the old man. 

"Francis?" 

Francis turns around," Sandra? Sandra". A tall blonde haired woman stands behind him, staring at him.  Francis gets up from his stool going over to her, hugging her," where have you been? I've been waiting for hours".

"I was just....stuck in traffic" Sandra pulls her sleeve over something on her arm, and smiles," I'm sorry".

"Nothing to be sorry about" Francis smirks.

"Hey, there ya guys are" Duke goes up to Francis, giving him a hug then coughs a couple of times, and turns to Sandra," where have you been?"

"Hey, never hug a bear, remember that" Francis tells his old friend,"bears are dangerous".

"Bears don't talk either" Duke responds back.

"Hey" Sandra grabs Francis's arm," I need to show you something".

"Alright" Francis follows after Sandra," what is it?"

The old man shakes his head turning towards the television screen," kids these days, always love fooling around."

"Don't tell me you weren't one of them before Big B" a middle aged man says to him.

"I ain't big anymore, and I ain't young anymore either." The old man says.