Chapter 19: Riverside Madness

Francis pulls the canoe out of the water, throwing it aside staring at a big green sign reading 'Welcome to River' the rest covered in blood.

"Charles, you better fucking still be breathing" Francis walks past the sign, as it starts becoming foggy around him.

He walks down the empty, quiet street covered in dead bodies and debris. A couple of bodies looking recent, and military.

Francis enters the coffee shop on the corner of the street,the fog picking up,"HELLO."

"Help me" a voice calls out, an old man appears behind the counter coughing,"it was huge".

"Who are you?" Francis points his gun to the man's head,"I ain't playing around".

The old man slowly looks up,"my name....my name is Aaron" he looks up at the tattooed biker,"I found your friend, Keith".

Francis lowers his gun,"how do you know? And where is he?"

Aaron puts a smile on his face,"he's an accessory to mankind's evolution".

Francis points his gun at the man, finger on the trigger,"TELL ME.....NOW" just as a loud roar is heard throughout the night.

Aaron quickly takes out a knife, stabbing Francis in his shoulder as blood pours out,"your immunity, will be your greatest weakness" taking out his knife pushing Francis through the front door into the foggy night.

Francis quickly grabs the scientist by his throat with both hands,"you don't want to piss me off".

Aaron, digs into his right pocket taking out a tranquilizer stabbing Francis in the arm with it trying to inject it into his system.

Francis quickly pulls the tranquilizer out after a few drops went into his body, going behind Aaron grabbing his head,"this is for Keith" snapping his neck.

Aaron's lifeless body drops to the cold hard cement. The scientist's eyes wide open, with nothing in them but the fear of dying.

Francis then watches a car go flying above his head, staring as a big pink monster-like creature appears, twice the size of a regular Tank,"holy Jesus".

Francis quickly turns around running, then trips over something turning his head staring at another recent dead body.

"Must of been one of the bastard's henchmen" quickly getting to his feet watching it suddenly run towards him, the ground shaking with it's weight.

Francis sidesteps, as the monster's hand runs into him pushing him back, hitting a brick wall.

He slowly opens his eyes, a horde of infected running towards the battle as the monster turns his attention to them, knocking them down like bowling balls.

Francis quickly limps towards the nearest building, hearing a huge pop guessing that was a boomer, turning around checking the place out.

He hears another huge roar in the far distance, hearing it slowly get farther and farther away as he hides in the local bar,"Keith". Almost whispering the name knowing now what the evil scientist was talking about.

Another 5 minutes past as he rests up, his back in so much pain. He looks on, at least 13 infected laying in the streets either squashed or smashed up by the monster figure.

"Poor bastards" Francis says limping off, running up to the car shop, most of the cars in front either smashed or nothing more than charcoal, he runs through through the front door.

"Charles?" Yelling the name out.

"Who the hell are you?" A big man with a black beard & long hair and with a shotgun comes out from one of the back rooms, gun pointed at Francis,"listen buddy, I don't want any trouble, but it's either kill or be killed" finger on the trigger.