Chapter 7: Sewer Monster

Bill exits through the back way, and leads them into a garage looking area as he tells his followers," you two coming?"

"Can't we just sit and rest for at moment? I mean look at you, Bill, you're hurt" Louis tells the old veteran.

"I'm not dead yet, plus we must hurry, we don't know how long until they stop evacuating people out of here" Bill continues forward, with his rifle in hand as he looks down all the aisles of boxes, making sure no infected are hiding.

"Bill's got a point" Zoey says, following behind Louis and Bill.

Bill stops for a brief second," was that glass I heard?" Turning back to the group.

"Let's just keep going, we don't want to attract too much attention" Zoey says, heading left as they exit the garage looking area leading them down the alley, as she shoots some more infected as they drop dead.

"Let's head through here" Bill points to the backdoor to a restraunt, pulling the door open as he lets Louis and Zoey head in first, and closes the door behind him quickly.

"Empty restraunt, now where's the food at?" Louis puts his gun down, heading to the back, just as a hand grabs him from behind, and tries to bring him down to get a bite out of him.

Bill is quick to react, taking out his rifle as he smiles watching this scene," there's the food" talking to the infected," don't resist, Louis. Let the thing take a bite out of ya, he's probably just as hungry as you are anyway".

"I'm serious" Louis stares up at the infected," this thing is drooling on me, ewww".

Bill finally pulls the trigger, watching the infected topple over Louis, still smiling," thought you said this place was empty?"

Louis goes up to Bill, punching him in his shoulder," I could have died".

"Yeah, and we could have laughed" Zoey tells him, chuckling.

Bill exits through the front door, looking to his left as a semi truck sits there, looking like it wrecked some while ago. He turns to the group," I think we go this way".

"Where are all the infected at?" Zoey asks, noticing it seems all clear.

"Maybe their all still trying to get some dark meat, you know, darker is better than white" Louis tells them.

Bill lights up a cigarette, staring at the dead end as he points to the building in front of them,"I hope you guys like heights".

Louis stares at a mini elevator they usually use for construction work," don't tell me we have to go on THAT".

Zoey jumps on it first," hope you boys aren't afraid of heights".

Bill and Louis jumps on next, just as Zoey presses the red button on the control panel, and the mini elevator starts moving up with Louis looking down, putting pressure on the black gate holding them in, just as it breaks and Louis almost falls, but Bill catches his hand.

"Be more careful next time, you were almost roadkill" Bill tells him.

Louis moves to the other side, looking back at Bill," sorry".

Zoey is the first to exit, as she walks on the roof, turning left leading the group through a window into a warehouse, and starts looking around with her gun at the ready.

"You know, it's kind of glad Francis isn't around" Louis says to them.

Bill leads the group down a few flights of stairs, and they enter some kind of boiler room, big tanks on both sides of the rooms letting out some steam," now be careful Louis, we all know you get hurt the most, out of all of us."