Chapter 3: Fours a Party

2 Weeks After Infection

The sun slowly goes down as Francis walks down the street, with his shotgun in hand as he lights up a cigar," let the good times roll".

Just as he does this, a chopper flies above the big city as it announces the last evacuation spot will be at 'Mercy Hospital', the chopper flies on past as it tries to spread the word.

Francis looks around, making sure there isn't much infected around as he takes out his shotgun saying to himself," sounds promising" and turns down into an alleyway down the street, and continues towards the Mercy Hosital.

"I take it your immune to the virus too?" An old man with a rifle on his back,  looks at him as he exits a station wagon, putting out his cigarette.

"I know you" Francis says," you're that guy from that bar, aren't ya?" 

"And you're that loverboy, how are things going these days?"

"Very funny" Francis looks around, then turns back to the old man," I'm still alive because I'm still a badass".

"Kids" he shakes his head," just call me Bill" Bill offers a handshake.

"I don't know where that's been" Francis looks down at his hand," what did you mean by us being immune to the virus anyhow?"

"Don't you know anything?" Bill walks down the alleyway with Francis, checking around," it means your either a carrier and can't turn into one of those, or your just an idiot".

Francis chuckles," I'm neither. My name's Francis by the way, if you have to know".

Bill bends down, and feels something on the ground, picks some of it up and feels it," I ain't seen anything like this before".

"Jesus, don't let that stop you from smearing it all over yourself" Francis tells him, staring at the green goo that Bill picked up.

"They're changing" Bill wipes the green goo on Francis's vest.

"Goddamn it Bill" watching Bill smear it all over his vest," ah it stinks" he say.

Out of nowhere, a woman whacks Francis in the head with a handgun, dropping him to the ground as she goes on top of him pointing the gun to his head, and a black guy comes from the shadows taking Bill down with a whack to the side of his head.

Francis stares up at the woman, as he puts up his hands," wait a second, I'm not infected" feeling his head where she hit him.

The woman stares down at Francis, slowly lowering her gun as she says," you're.......you're human?" She quickly gets off of him.

Francis wipes some dirt from his pants as he slowly gets up," when they say, never underestimate a woman, I never thought that to be true".

"Sorry" the woman says, looking over at her friend and Bill," we didn't think, we didn't think there'd be anyone else left alive and..."

"Don't worry" Francis says," it happens".

Bill slowly gets back to his feet, grabbing hold of his rifle again," damn it".

"We're really sorry" she apologizes again, getting to her feet," after the infection spread, we thought......"

Francis looks at her," who are you two anyway?" Looking between the two newcomers.

"I'm Louis, and this is Zoey" the black guy points to his partner in crime," and we're sorry for crashing your party you had going on here".

"You guys hear the message about Mercy Hospital?" Francis asks the group.