Rumor

"Danielle! Will you please stop!" My sister Jane says with a look of annoyance on her face.  "Has it already started?" I ask her.  "No,but it's going to any second."  That's when I put down my guitar and take my spot on the couch next to my sisters.  "Jane, can you turn the volume up?" Belle innocently asks.  "No, you can do it yourself." Jane shoots right back.  "Are you kidding me! It's not that difficult!"  "If its not difficult then why can't you do it yourself?"  "Guys!" I say trying to get their attention. "He's about to come on."  You may ask who 'him' is. 'Him' is the only man who can make us scream as loud as we do. The only man who has as perfect of hair, as perfect of skin, and as perfect of a voice. 'Him' is Derek Johnson, the most famous singer in the world.  "If he wasn't 19 I would so be after him." Jane says.  "Need I remind you, that's only a two year difference." Belle says with a sound of annoyance in her voice.  "Yeah, but the fact that it's illegal makes it feel so wrong."  "We'll at least it isn't a four year difference." Belle says sounding jealous. "Now, if he was more like 16 then I'd be after him."  "You and every other girl on this planet." I remind her.  Belle begins to say something but she's cutoff when we hear the sound of Derek's voice over the T.V.   "Oh my gosh! He's so attractive!" Jane says sounding a little too excited.  "We know." Belle and I say at the same time.  The three of us sit there in awe as we listen to him talk. Then the interviewer begins to ask him questions. -"So how has your life changed since you were found by your now manager Jason Jeep?"  -"Well, before I was given this amazing opportunity my family and I were just making ends meet. Now my family and I are very well off and were thankful for that."  -"Before you were found you were playing gigs locally right?"  -"I wouldn't exactly call them gigs. It was just me sitting outside local shops singing." I can't help but think what if that was me? What if I was found by Jason Jeep? Then I begin to get a little carried away with my thoughts because before I know it Derek is walking off stage.   "Girls, are you in there?" My mom wonderingly asks.  "Yes mom." My sisters and I all say in unison.  "Will you please help me with dinner?"  The three if us get up and walk into the kitchen.  "Sorry mom I was actually going to record, but I'm sure Jane and Belle would love to."  As I walk out of the kitchen and upstairs I can hear the whines of protest coming from my sisters. I walk into my room, flip open my camera, and begin to record one of Derek's songs. It takes me a couple of attempts to get in right. When I finish I upload it onto YouTube and watch as the views come in. I begin to read the comments as there posted. -Your amazing!  -I love your voice!  -your definitely going to make it big someday BEEP BEEP BEEP I look over to my phone and see a text from my boyfriend Damon. -Hey babe, what would you say to coming over tomorrow after school.  - I would say yes, but only if there's popcorn.  -ooh, that's a no can do.  -whatever, I'll be there "Danielle! Dinner is ready." My mom yells from the bottom of the stairs."  I close my computer and walk downstairs where I am greeted by my sisters and dad waiting impatiently for me. I dish up then take a place at the table. We say grace then begin to eat our food.  "So." I say calmly to get my parents attention. "Can I go to Damon's after school tomorrow."  "Absolutely not." My father says jokingly.  "Jack! Don't be silly of course she can." My mother says not catching the sarcasm in my fathers voice. "Sure you can Danielle."  "Thanks mom." I say making sure to exaggerate the mom in my sentence. My father gives me a look tht says 'this isn't over' then goes back to eating his dinner. My sisters and parents continue with a conversation while I sit there pretending to be involved. Instead I'm writing songs in my head.   My train of thought is interrupted when I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket. I discreetly pull out my phone and see a text from my best friend Rene. -You're going to Damon's after school tomorrow!?  -How did you know that?  -Damon told Ross and Ross told me, but you have to tell me everything when you get home!  -what are you talking about nothing's going to happen. "Danielle could you be anymore less involved in the conversation?" My mother asks.  "I could eat dinner in my room." I retort smartly.  My father giggles and that's when the claws come out(come on dad, you should of seen that one coming). While my mother rats out my dad my sisters and I excuse ourselves and start on dishes. A few moments later my parents add their dishes an join. After ten minutes and the obnoxious sound of my sisters fighting we manage to finish. Once the dishes are put away I go back upstairs to my room and get ready for bed. As I'm laying in bed my thoughts take over my head. Could something happen tomorrow?  Does Rene or Ross know something I don't.